Thread: Visitors Visa

Respected Member

Visitors Visa

I am visiting the UK for a 6 month Period in total can anyone tell me how much money I should have available to support me for that period ? also what figure would be acceptable on the visitor visa application? I think if I put too little it maybe rejected , does anyone have a acceptable amounts criteria thanks x

About your financial, If you mentioned this on your application then you'll need to prove this by showing your bank book or bank statements.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member
    Thanks for trying to help. Yes, I understand that. But, if I have Php. 5,000,000 in my own bank, I don't have to tell them of that fact. What they ask for, is how much money I have got to last me for 6 months, but how do I know that figure?

Also, what figure is declared on immigration form when entering the U.K. (in the airplane)?

hello

actually, its hard to tell you what is the exact figure..are you staying in a hotel?or relatives?what is your lifestyle?are u gonna go shopping?party?who will finance for food?are u gonna rent a car?a cheap meal for one person would cost you about 5-10 pounds, taxi is a bit expensive?which part of uk are u staying anyway..if its in london then its lil bit expensive..maybe if you can figure out how you gonna spend your 6 months here then i could estimate a figure..for sure u wont be bringing alot of money..u can widraw in atm anytime you wish..youre 5million is about 50,000 pounds..

Respected Member
    Thanks for your perspective. I am unsure really of my potential expenditures, however on the visa application form it asks specifically the question, how much money is available for your stay?

I knew an American guy who was on a 6 months Visa and on his immigration airplane form he put £200 and was refused entry and put on the plane back... The fact was in his case he had little or no money but his friends in the UK were going to support him anyway. I think if he had put some other figure on the form he may have got through, I just wondered what was the acceptable criteria, There must be one I think!

hello

i think if you put 10,000 pounds, thats would be enough....

Respected Member
    Ok, thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbeltboy View Post
    I am visiting the UK for a 6 month Period in total can anyone tell me how much money I should have available to support me for that period ? also what figure would be acceptable on the visitor visa application? I think if I put too little it maybe rejected , does anyone have a acceptable amounts criteria thanks x
    The amount criteria is depend on how many assets you own...and how many zero you have in your bank account, you have to convince an ECO that you can afford to travel and you are not a risk to migrate.

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Thread Information