Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Criticism age gap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Criticism age gap

Just wondering if anybody else has been criticised for marrying a younger lady my wife is 23 I am 42 god why cant people just be happy for us any input thank you

Banned
    A recent thread on this keenly discussed topic.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....+relationships

we got the same age gap when i got married from my husband 7 years ago its been peaceful and no doubt ..ignore those people who criticised there just jelly i mean jealous ^_^
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned

We have a 27 year age gap, the relationship works perfectly and we are very happy together so criticism of your situation by others in less than happy relationships should be taken with a pinch of salt as they may be quite envious of you and your wife in reality.

Who is doing the criticisinig? Presumingly they have never met her.

as long as you are happy with each other, then who cares, there is 17 years differance in age between myself and Emma, we are happy and i can we are in love too,

its just jealousy and none of their business .

in anycase what is age its just a number

17 years between my wife and I, and we have a nearly 10 month old baby. Who cares what ANYONE else thinks. It's just jealousy.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

A place for everything, everything in its place.

I don't care.
    My wife doesn't care
    All of my wife's family are very happy for us.

That's it, no worries. Period

Everyone else can .......

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I don't care.
    My wife doesn't care
    All of my wife's family are very happy for us.

That's it, no worries. Period

Everone else can .......
    Absolutely true
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

I thought this was going to pop up with my relationship - 20 years difference here, but as it goes most of my friends called me a lucky bugger as for anyone else no issue.
    Tone

Trusted Member
    JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS

The critics are not marrying your partner are they ?

Tell them to mind their own bloody business...oh, and how long did their perfect marriages last ?

It's partly jealousy

It's also that to many people, something "different" isn't something they like. The norm for relationships is no more than a couple of years age difference (Hardly surprising, when people meet at school, or in the same places which appeal to their own age group). As a larger age gap is "different" - they feel they have to poke their nose into it.

And it is also that many people are simply armchair experts. Yes their marriage to Shaz from accounts might have fallen apart when she was caught in the stationary cupboard with Kevin from sales, but that doesn't mean they don't feel they shouldn't cope on something they "just know" won't last.

Sheesh!

at least on this forum the age thing is allowed to be disussed which isn,nt the case on many forums as it can be a touchy subject .well here is my input for what its worth me 49 she 40 so there is an age gap but not as much as a lot of people .firstly your right its nobodys business what you do with your private life IF your both happy then fine.but there are age gaps then there age gaps .i saw a guy only the other day must have been about 75 walking with a stick holding hands with a girl that looked around 20 with a 3 year old in tow sorry folks i,m not in the minority here thinking its not right .this situation is not about love as some of you would lead to believe its mostly about economics hello hello we are in a third world country and some of these girls will do what they have to to get out of poverty and its these girls that give some philippina,s a bad name just ask your wife .my g f agree,s with me 100 % she says they are only going with the old men for money .like i said age gaps are ok up to a point to what point well everyone will agree to dissagree to what is or isn,nt an acceptable age gap .its widely acceptable here in the philippines from asking the locals they don,t seem to bothered but they seem bothered about the large age gap voiceing there concern on how the girl can support any children once her hubby keels over .anyway thats my 2 cents worth have a nice day

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    at least on this forum the age thing is allowed to be disussed which isn,nt the case on many forums as it can be a touchy subject .well here is my input for what its worth me 49 she 40 so there is an age gap but not as much as a lot of people .firstly your right its nobodys business what you do with your private life IF your both happy then fine.but there are age gaps then there age gaps .i saw a guy only the other day must have been about 75 walking with a stick holding hands with a girl that looked around 20 with a 3 year old in tow sorry folks i,m not in the minority here thinking its not right .this situation is not about love as some of you would lead to believe its mostly about economics hello hello we are in a third world country and some of these girls will do what they have to to get out of poverty and its these girls that give some philippina,s a bad name just ask your wife .my g f agree,s with me 100 % she says they are only going with the old men for money .like i said age gaps are ok up to a point to what point well everyone will agree to dissagree to what is or isn,nt an acceptable age gap .its widely acceptable here in the philippines from asking the locals they don,t seem to bothered but they seem bothered about the large age gap voiceing there concern on how the girl can support any children once her hubby keels over .anyway thats my 2 cents worth have a nice day
    Yes, the million dollar question is where is the line to be drawn.....

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Yes, the million dollar question is where is the line to be drawn.....
    I think in the sand at the water's edge...
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I think in the sand at the water's edge...
    Thats a good way of putting it....

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    There is a 43 year age gap between my wife and I and are very happy and compatable, but all my family members and all my friends apart from one have disowned me and wont have anything at all to do with me. I've just had to accept it and move forward. I did let them all know that I am going to stick around for another thirty years just to annoy them!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    There is a 43 year age gap between my wife and I and are very happy and compatable, but all my family members and all my friends apart from one have disowned me and wont have anything at all to do with me. I've just had to accept it and move forward. I did let them all know that I am going to stick around for another thirty years just to annoy them!
    ...and the first prize go to...

Love it.

Friends and family aren't there to live your life for you, only you can do that.
    Good luck to you both.

I hope the very right time will come when your family & relatives would have the courage to accept the decision you've made. Knowing the fact that it is what's making you happy, then they should be happy for the both of you too. Though i know, not all would be able to understand this kind of relationship, it would be better if we just don't mind those people who criticize. Despite let's just accept & respect what's their views and opinions with regards to this kind of matter as we would want those who criticize to accept and also respect our decision being involved on this matter.

Respected Member
    Bravo!

Good for the pair of you and be sure that you do so!

Respected Member Eyes O'Donnell's Avatar
    Age doesn't matter just ignore them and most important of all continue to show deep love for each other.
    I love my wonderful husband so much in spite of our age gap

Just wondering how many are the other way around? My wife is older than me! Ok its only 3 years, but I did find it interesting looking at the bans posted in the embassy when we posted ours!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I am 72 my wife is 40, married 6 years. We live in Spain and apart from a very occasional odd look from Brits on holiday, never notice anyone looking critically.

My family and friends have no problems ether.

PS maybe when I get a bit older and slow down my wife will be able to catch up with me when I am road racing, running etc !

For me, the litmus test isn't so much the age gap (Though having said that, sorry but a huge age gap does not seem "right" to me - however a big difference is that I will always keep my nose out, what works for me doesn't work for all, and it's that couples business not mine)

The litmus test, is more crucially "is there some sort of politics or control thing going on"?
    Is it about love...........or is it her putting up with some bad tempered ugly old git because she wants his money?
    Is it him going to Thailand and finding a "bargirl" ( ) to marry because he is a complete lowlife, too fond of giving backhanders if his Stella isn't chilled ok, who no self respecting UK girl would give the time of day to.

Nothing to do with love, nothing to do with respect and everything to do with just "using" the partner to get something they otherwise wouldn't ever manage........and this works both ways I guess.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, it's simply none of my business. There is though very good reason the old man and young tart gag was used repeatedly in Benny Hill shows

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    There is though very good reason the old man and young tart gag was used repeatedly in Benny Hill shows
    Yakety Sax

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    For me, the litmus test isn't so much the age gap (Though having said that, sorry but a huge age gap does not seem "right" to me - however a big difference is that I will always keep my nose out, what works for me doesn't work for all, and it's that couples business not mine)

The litmus test, is more crucially "is there some sort of politics or control thing going on"?
    Is it about love...........or is it her putting up with some bad tempered ugly old git because she wants his money?
    Is it him going to Thailand and finding a "bargirl" ( ) to marry because he is a complete lowlife, too fond of giving backhanders if his Stella isn't chilled ok, who no self respecting UK girl would give the time of day to.

Nothing to do with love, nothing to do with respect and everything to do with just "using" the partner to get something they otherwise wouldn't ever manage........and this works both ways I guess.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, it's simply none of my business. There is though very good reason the old man and young tart gag was used repeatedly in Benny Hill shows
    very well put sir

I used to love as a kid how at the end, everyone would chase him round and around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information