Thread: Property Inspection Reports

Banned

Property Inspection Reports

"The UKBA recently issued an information guide which stated that a property inspection report is required for all applications leading to/for the purposes of settlement. These include applications for:

· Spouses and civil partners;
    · Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner;
    · Unmarried and same-sex partners;
    · Children;
    · Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives.
    The link to the UKBA website for supporting documents required for all settlement applicants can be found by clicking here.

A property inspection report is THE ONLY document in the UKBA supporting documents information guide which proves to the Entry Clearance Officer that you have Obtain[ed] an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants of the proposed accommodation. A report from a suitably qualified body certifying that a personal inspection has been carried out and giving details of accommodation inspected is usually acceptable for this purpose. Above all, the Entry Clearance officer must be satisfied that the accommodation will not become overcrowded within the definition of the Housing Act 1985 or that it will not contravene public health regulations.
    "

http://www.propertyinspectionreport.co.uk/

Trusted Member
    More people recruited to the gravy train at the applicant's expense.

Oh well, at least all those existing sheds and extensions overcrowded with immigrants will now not require planning permission...let alone a Property Inspection Report.

Again, this is down to certain communities that have been permitted to set up their home from home ghettos here, complete with 25 family members occupying each two up two down.

Nothing whatsoever to do with a British Caucasian (oops I've said it) man or woman wishing to bring their Filipino partner here to live in traditional British style.

Lastlid, that link and the quote is taken from a website of someone who makes money doing such reports.

To the best of my knowledge UKBA DOES NOT require such formal reports.
    Neither is there anything in the immigration rules suggesting that.

These people do charge quite a significant fee for making a statement about accommodation in relation to the housing act.

Under normal circumstances unless the sponsor is renting a room in a multi-occupancy residence or is normally classified as a lodger, then such reports would not really be needed.

I stand to be corrected, and would appreciate anyone posting a link to either the relevent UKBA guidance or to appropriate Home Office immigration rule.

Until then, this is totally unfounded weasel word advertising taken form the website of a private business and is not a specific UKBA requirement for the granting of a visa leading to settlement.

Banned
    I think you are correct. Upon close inspection I think this guy is trying to capitalise on unsuspecting applicants.

AKA a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I think you are correct. I think this guy is trying to capitalise on unsuspecting applicants.

AKA a scam.
    No it's not a scam.
    There are situations, such as those I outlined, where a formal report would be a big help. Especially when the sponsor is a lodger, renting a room in a multiple occupancy residence, a static caravan or a boat etc.

But this is by no means needed by the vast majority of sponsors, and is certainly not incorporated into law.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

Oh well, at least all those existing sheds and extensions overcrowded with immigrants will now not require planning position...let alone a Property Inspection Report.
    I drove along a street of sheds/dodgy extensions in Slough this evening - stabbed the central locking button as I crossed the border

Banned
    This guy appears to suggest that all settlement visa applicants would need such a report. In that sense it is misleading.

"The UKBA recently issued an information guide which stated that a property inspection report is required for all applications leading to/for the purposes of settlement. These include applications for:

· Spouses and civil partners;
    · Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner;

· Unmarried and same-sex partners;
    · Children;
    · Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives.
    "

Lastlid my solicitor viewed PIR as a scam to get a few hundred pounds out of applicants. She has never lost a case due to lack of a PIR. When I suggested getting one to cover my she laughed and told me to go and take some photos and save my money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Lastlid my solicitor viewed PIR as a scam to get a few hundred pounds out of applicants. She has never lost a case due to lack of a PIR. When I suggested getting one to cover my she laughed and told me to go and take some photos and save my money.
    Yep. We just had a letter written from our landlord who included room types, numbers and sizes etc etc in the letter, along with his permission for the wife to stay, which was implicit in the lease agreement anyway.

Well over 2 years ago a letter from the local estate agent detailing my houses accomodation and approximate value was sufficient along with prrof of title from the Land Registry. The estate agent didnt charge anything and the Land registry cost as i remember was under £10.

Trusted Member
    Looks like another 'entrepreneur' looking to make some easy money by preying upon the unwary.

Thread Information