Thread: married name....

married name....

the philippine embassy had their outreach mission in edinburgh yesterday and i am one of those who needs to qeue for the whole day for the renewal of my passport and report of marriage, my passport will be expiring on march next year but i thought rather than going to london i might have a go and edinburgh is not much far from where here......i was surprised with the people who respond to that outreach program but i think they are just the same as me,trying to save a lot of time and money going to london....while they were checking my docs. the woman asked me why im still gonna use my single family name and i was explaining to her that bec. my visa is still on my single name i just dont want to complicate things for my future visa application...it took her 45 minutes asking different persons if that alright when i got a chance to talk to her again bec.im fed up standing infront of her desk,i politely told her that i think i got the right to choose if i wanted or not to use my married name (dont get me wrong i am very pleased to use my husbands name but the feedback that i read from here,having different names on docs. it really scares me and dont want conflicts when the time comes that i will apply my ILR)finally someone told her that it will be alright for me to still use my single name.....it was a very tiring day but still felt lucky that ive already done it....and the feeling of being with filipinos talking,eating filipino food,and making a lot of friends was all worth while......

There should be no problem with names and passorts as long as you have all the correct documents, such as, marriage licience.

My wife had her spouse visa and passport in her maiden name, when her passport was renewed she changed to her married name, when she applied for ILR she used her married name and there were no complications.

Thread Information