Thread: British Retail Giant Launches Philippine Food Products Line

British Retail Giant Launches Philippine Food Products Line

http://philembassy-uk.org/british-re...-products-line

The British public will get a greater taste of the Philippines from today with the launch of over 50 Philippine food brands at Tesco supermarket, one of the world’s largest retailers.

Philippine snack foods, seasonings, condiments, mixes, sauces, biscuits, crackers, noodles and juices – among many others – will be available to both ethnic and non-ethnic consumers in the UK as they are introduced in some of the largest Tesco branches around Britain.

The first Tesco stores carrying Philippine products are Sandhurst Extra (Berkshire), Wembley Extra (London), Harrow Station Road (London), Cheetham Hill (Manchester), Chestnut Extra (Hertfordshire), Horwich Extra (Lancashire), Stockton Extra (Stockton-on-Tees), Springhill (Birmingham), Yardley Extra (Birmingham), and Dungannon Superstore (Northern Ireland).

Banned
    The stocking of these products doesn't apply to our local store. But I am hoping we can order these items to be delivered to our local store, for our collection.

Banned
    We popped over to Sandhurst earlier a fairly limited range of sauces, noodles, packet mixes and the obligatory Sky Flakes. Wife spent about a tenner, not sure how they compare with Phil Shops, Wing Yip etc. Good trick photography the section is only about 5 foot wide x 7 shelves high. Interesting though that Britians biggest rip off merchant has recognised that there is a sizeable Phil community to take for a ride.

Saw a well turned out squad of Gurkhas filling a couple of trolleys in the beer section
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    http://philembassy-uk.org/british-re...-products-line

The British public will get a greater taste of the Philippines from today with the launch of over 50 Philippine food brands at Tesco supermarket, one of the world’s largest retailers.

Philippine snack foods, seasonings, condiments, mixes, sauces, biscuits, crackers, noodles and juices – among many others – will be available to both ethnic and non-ethnic consumers in the UK as they are introduced in some of the largest Tesco branches around Britain.

The first Tesco stores carrying Philippine products are Sandhurst Extra (Berkshire), Wembley Extra (London), Harrow Station Road (London), Cheetham Hill (Manchester), Chestnut Extra (Hertfordshire), Horwich Extra (Lancashire), Stockton Extra (Stockton-on-Tees), Springhill (Birmingham), Yardley Extra (Birmingham), and Dungannon Superstore (Northern Ireland).
    Good info there Rusty

Our local Thai shop stock the stuff mentioned but, as you would expect, you pay through the nose for it.

This will probably mean the death knell for those stores...I know the coconut milk is double the price compared to Tesco and the family box skyflakes Ded mentioned are £ 10 a throw.

I wonder why its taken so long for Tesco to spot the opening ....they weren't slow on the uptake when the new Europeans landed on our shores..perhaps Tesco had a gentlemans agreement not to encroach on their territory, I dont think.....more than likely something to do with their latest profit slump.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Good info there Rusty

Our local Thai shop stock the stuff mentioned but, as you would expect, you pay through the nose for it.

This will probably mean the death knell for those stores...I know the coconut milk is double the price compared to Tesco and the family box skyflakes Ded mentioned are £ 10 a throw.
    agreed

We have 3 filipino shops near us plus a couple of chinese shops that stock some products, so not sure if Tesco will stock any products up here? If they do it would be interesting to see how the prices compare.

Banned
    I think my wife got striped by Tesco on the Skyflakes (8 x 25g £1.00) compared with the family pack she normally gets.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    The coconut milk in my local Filipino store is half the price of the main supermarkets! They can go and jump for near to or over £2 a can!

Fresh coconut i can get for free here
    Tetley tea bags are 6 quid for 80 though Think i will stick to telling my sister that you cant get Tetley here!

coconut milk 2 for a tenner from the pakshop, shop around my friends you know it makes sense,

Thread Information