Who can get a residency visa fred and what are the requirements?
The most important requirement is having a Filipino spouse!
If you apply in the R.P you will get a temporary visa for one year after which you can apply for your permanent residency.. I believe there are no medical requirements.
If you apply to the Phil embassy in London you will get the permanent visa but there is a pain in the ass medical which you need to organise via your doctor.. This medical is not cheap in the UK.. A simple chest Xray cost me 100.00 Quid!! My doc charged me 100.00 for giving me the medical and filling in the med form but that doesnt include lab tests etc.. You need things like a police clearance in the UK.. This took over 4 months to organise.. A real pain..

The UK Phil embassy website is not that easy to navigate but this is the link to the form and requirements there for those applying in the UK. http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content.../visaform3.pdf

Sec 13 a
(Applying here in R.P)
The wife or the husband or the unmarried child under twenty-one years of age of a Philippine citizen, if accompanying or following to join such citizen;

Checklist of Requirements for Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage Under Section 13(a)

1. Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse;
2. General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
3. NSO authenticated copy of Birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized;
5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
6. Plain photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

Checklist of Requirements for Temporary Resident’s Visa Under Section 13(a), in relation to Law Instruction No. 33

1. Duly notarized letter of application by petitioning Filipino spouse;
2. General Application Form duly accomplished by the foreign spouse and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
3. NSO authenticated copy of birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of the alien and Filipino spouse, or if solemnized abroad, Marriage Contract authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate in or nearest the place where marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;
5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
6. Plain photocopy of passport/s of alien spouse and/or children showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.