Thread: family permit

family permit

i have read about family permit but dont understand i know its free but what am confused about is bringing wife to uk do i still need to have £18600 am working living in uk as most know me from here can i get this permit to bring her here i know its not permanent i would like her to meet my family as most cant travel to her ie health or money if i was to have her apply while am over in phil in nov would i be able to just get a ticket to come to uk with me thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    i have read about family permit but dont understand i know its free but what am confused about is bringing wife to uk do i still need to have £18600 am working living in uk as most know me from here can i get this permit to bring her here i know its not permanent i would like her to meet my family as most cant travel to her ie health or money if i was to have her apply while am over in phil in nov would i be able to just get a ticket to come to uk with me thanks
    Hawk, the short answer is no I'm afraid.

The family permit is an 'entry clearance' to UK (visa) for Non-EEA family members of EU citizens wanting to come to UK.

For example, hawk, if you decided to go to say Ireland or France to live and work, then as an EU citizen exercising treaty rights then you could have your wife join you. This visa would be available free of charge, and without the need for English language or any of the other UKBA immigration requirements including those financial requirements.
    After a few months of working in say Ireland or France and of living together as a married couple then you would be eligible to apply for a Family Permit to enable your return to UK.
    The family permit is free of charge and allows your wife to join with you in UK. After living in UK for 5 years she would be eligible for Permanent Residence, which is equal to ILR. After a further year with PR she would be eligible for British Citizenship.

Hope that explains why a family permit is NOT applicable to you whilst you remain in UK.

It only becomes applicable to you if you were to up sticks and go to ANY another European country for a while.

many thanks terpe its now more clear in a way i understand

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    many thanks terpe its now more clear in a way i understand
    Hawk, it might be worth thinking about.
    Just for example, how easy would it be for you to find employment in say Ireland or Netherlands. Remember the salary level is of no importance as long as it's above social security levels.
    There's no specific requirement on accomodation.
    Just the question, can you find a life that's OK for you and your wife for say 6 months.

Must be worth considering.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Cagey's Avatar
    I'm just new here in this Filipino UK forum.. And I'm here now in Reading Berkshire, was arrived November 10,2012 with the visa of EEA Family.. yes it's free.. my partner tried the EEA Family for me and to my child, and the result was too fast.. took about 2 weeks and the visa was arrived. I have a question....... my visa expiration is on April 11 ,2013.. what can i do after wards? Is it true that, as long as I'm with my parter nothing to worried about my visa ? thanks

Thread Information