It hit me like a brick!!!!

As soon as I stepped out of the airport in Manila I was looking for the sauna salesman who was giving free samples. I didn't think it was possible for the world to be so hot. I asked a security guard if he knew the temperature - yes sir, it is very hot today - 42 degrees! AND THE REST!!!

I have been in the South of France in 48 degrees - but not like this!

Then I realised - humidity - there was no air to breathe - yet there was.

Back to reality - why am I here?

A few months ago I started talking to a girl on the Internet - on a site throwupingly called 'My Foreign Bride (MFB).'

And now I am here - on the other side of the world - going to meet her!!!

I am a quiet kinda guy really - except when I am at work (a teacher) - but this, for me is ridiculous. How did this come about?

I have had two serious relationships in my life - my first partner sadly died - and my second partner decided, after 16 years, that she would find a 'newer model.' Still - we had two gorgeous children together who are my life!!!

Last year a friend suggested to me that I should find a new partner. I replied that, as I work seven days a week, that would be highly unlikely. He suggested the Internet and I, foolishly, decried this form of 'dating' as only for saddos. So, as soon as got home I tried it!

Weeks later, and with only a reply from Bertha (89) from Cleethorpes - I went back to my Football Manager 2006 and Flight Simulator. Much more fun than Bertha I thought.

Subsequently, my friend, the one with a freshly broken nose, suggested I look further afield on the 'Net. I took his advice and found myself on MFB. I was amazed that, after only 24 hours, I had emails from 48 different ladies!!! My suspicions were aroused...................

Don't miss tomorrow's exciting episode of ' THE TALE OF ALAN'

P.S. Don't have nightmares - sleep tight and God bless.

Al.