Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The tale of Alan

he he he nice story and wow wer the same we met on mfb also with my loving bf now
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Good Grief Is this CPILS answer to overwieght teachers................abolishing the lunch break

On the downside now Angie has left she has gained 20kg
    Sorry Keith - we still get the lunch break - but 10 mins. between classes.

20kg???????????????????????????????

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Hi Prof Alan, reading your posts brought me to tears. What a great love story. Who knows you can bring Hanna to UK someday. You're decision of going back to UK is very timely with the economic crisis,(you know that) but, as you are a citizen of this country you got benefits from the gov't if you are zero balance unlike if the same happens to a filipino citizen while he/she is in his/her own country. I met a Brit guy introduced to me by a friend and he is out of job but was surprised he can survive. He is staying in a one bedroom flat and has allowance from the govt'. Sometimes he accepts odds jobs from friends.
    Send my regards to Hanna.
    Best of luck Prof Alan.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Al, I'm sure you have made the right decision, and with your experience you will have no problem getting a teaching job.

when you are settled back here and have a healthy account and home,
    apply for Hanners spouse visa.

Jim.
    Thanks Jim. I hope you're right!

Al.

BANANA CUE - LOVELY!!!!!!
    ohhh i miss banana cue

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fhara View Post
    he he he nice story and wow wer the same we met on mfb also with my loving bf now
    MFB - Good site! Well, it has to be - I met Hanna there!

Al.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    Hi Prof Alan, reading your posts brought me to tears. What a great love story. Who knows you can bring Hanna to UK someday. You're decision of going back to UK is very timely with the economic crisis,(you know that) but, as you are a citizen of this country you got benefits from the gov't if you are zero balance unlike if the same happens to a filipino citizen while he/she is in his/her own country. I met a Brit guy introduced to me by a friend and he is out of job but was surprised he can survive. He is staying in a one bedroom flat and has allowance from the govt'. Sometimes he accepts odds jobs from friends.
    Send my regards to Hanna.
    Best of luck Prof Alan.
    Thank you Shelly - it is good to hear from you. I shall never forget the day we met in Manila!! It was wonderful to meet you, Grace and Maria!!

Al.

All the best my friend. A tough but right decision. It will all work ut well in the end.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    MFB - Good site! Well, it has to be - I met Hanna there!

Al.
    yup its very nice and thats where we met also..Cheers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    All the best my friend. A tough but right decision. It will all work ut well in the end.
    Thank you Toks - I look forward to meeting you!

Al.

Yes it was in October 10, 2007 (if i remember right). I will never forget that date either, that was when the bombing at Glorietta 2 in Makati happened. While police surrounded the place, we were laughing and enjoying chatting with one another while finding our way thru the guarded line to go to the restaurant. We thought the reason why spotlights and cameramen are all over and newsreporters roamed around the place was because Prof. Alan is in town!

Cheer up Prof. Alan i guess you made the right decision, go back to UK.
    Cheers
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Thank you Toks - I look forward to meeting you!

Al.
    Us too! We tried to call last week but it seems the lines were congested, perhaps due to the rains!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

hi prop what a very love story.

There's an american here in Tagum, who has taken an online teaching post for an american college. He expects to be working 15 hours a week and receiving $4,000 a month. That should give him a decent living here in Phils!

I don't suppose you can find anything like that, Al?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    There's an american here in Tagum, who has taken an online teaching post for an american college. He expects to be working 15 hours a week and receiving $4,000 a month. That should give him a decent living here in Phils!

I don't suppose you can find anything like that, Al?
    Wow!!! I wish I could Peter!!

Al.

Its all possible over here, the problem I have encountered amongst Filipinas is what I call the "employee mentality" hardly anyone has any experience of being their own boss and being responsible for generating their income.

What I can say is that in the 2 months since my partner quit CPILS she has 40 hours equally split home/online English/Cebuano and has quadrupled her earnings.

When I return we will expand again and I as a Native speaker can easily command 3-500 per hour depending on frequency for conversation practice and correcting poor pronunciation

We have students staying in an immersion environment which means our higher rent is now generating higher earning potential

I dont personaly need $4000 a month I reckon if between us we can earn 70,000+ piso thats a very good living over here.

A thought for you Al if Hanna has finished her care giver course the best way to make that pay off here in the Phils is for you to find a foriegner who needs that kind of help on a day basis.

As trust would more easily be established that way for someone who is vulnerable to locals with their own agendas and she would be at a premium therefor salary wise
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thank you Shelly - it is good to hear from you. I shall never forget the day we met in Manila!! It was wonderful to meet you, Grace and Maria!!

Al.
    I'm sorry for not being able to come often on here and didn't know what was going on. But you and Hanna were always in my prayers, I just didn't realise it was that bad Alan, I am truly sad. But I know you are a strong person and I am sure you will come out of this experience triumphant.

If there's anything that I can do to help pls do not hesitate to let me know. Trev might be able to help with legal matters too. God bless always and keep safe!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    I'm sorry for not being able to come often on here and didn't know what was going on. But you and Hanna were always in my prayers, I just didn't realise it was that bad Alan, I am truly sad. But I know you are a strong person and I am sure you will come out of this experience triumphant.

If there's anything that I can do to help pls do not hesitate to let me know. Trev might be able to help with legal matters too. God bless always and keep safe!
    Thanks Grace. God bless you!

Al.

Banned
    Thanks Grace. God bless you!

Al.
    Maayong gabii, squire.......

Musta ka.....???

Respected Member
    Good luck Al. Knowing you as I do I have not the slightest doubt that you soon find some well paid work back home and hopefully will quickly arrange for Hanna to join you. Life is but a succession of experiences, some good, some bad and we learn from them all. I am sure you will look back in time and laugh about these times. Remember that to appreciate the best you must first taste the worst! You may not be a "spring chicken" but you are in your prime and very able to cope.
    Let's try to meet up before we go back in a few weeks time, and again maybe just before you leave, as we will be back here in October.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information