Got over my illness eventually. But I don't think one ever gets over depression. C. started messing around with another man - I suspected it - and I knew it. (It gets really difficult to speak here.)

We were only ever apart for one week a year - she went to her mother's cottage in Devon - I went on my golfing holiday in Scotland.

2002 - Thursday - just finished playing at The Hirsel in Coldstream - came back to a text message from my son - 'Dad, mum has left.' That was all it was.

Drove from Scotland to Essex in about 6 hours - was doing a frightening 100+ MPH all the way down. Got home - house empty - dear John letter. Depression set in again.

Made it to HeadTeacher - despite my illness - was REALLY chuffed - I wanted to make it to the top in my profession. But hey, hang on, this is not what I want!!!!!
I am now just an 'office boy.' Can't get out to see my children in the school. Too busy seeing parents - governors - salespeople - Inspectors - ad infinitum..........

I thought that being a Headteacher - I would be THE BOSS - my school - I dictate what happens. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

Headteacher is the worst job in a school.

After 18 months I resigned.

We flew to Cebu - stayed at the Waterfront hotel for a couple of days - then got the bloody awful bus from the terminal - 4 hours to Ginatilan.
Met Hanna's mum - lovely lady who runs a vegetable stall and makes pennies a day!!!!!! These are the poorest of the poor!!!!

Hanna's mum's house is - well - small!!!!! - lounge and kitchen combined - 1 bedroom - and the attic space!!!

It did not matter to me - EVERYONE in Ginatilan made me SOOOO welcome.

Hanna's mum gave us her bedroom - even though we were not married. So now Hanna and I would HAVE to stay together!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to remain a gentleman!!!!

We slept together that night.

Barriers were broken.

Now we had to arrange everything for the wedding.