Thread: The tale of Alan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Time flies quickly...two days gone by and not heard a thing from Alan
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

You remember when you had your very first 'crush' on a girl/boy? If you were anything like me - you couldn't think about anything else but her/him all the time.

That is EXACTLY how I felt about Hanna. Even though I am now fast approaching 700 years old - she made me feel like a little kid again.

She had had one brief relationship when she was 19. Unfortunately, (or, fortunately for me) her boyfriend wanted several relationships at the same time. He quickly became history. Hanna moved to Manila and got a job. She worked 10 hours a day for 250 pesos a day (and WE moan at our salaries!!! Don't get me wrong - I know that it is all relative. But - COME ON - £2.50 for 10 hours???? - I thought the Phils. was 3rd world DEVELOPING. (Please - nothing negative implied there.))

I could only stay for 10 days before I had to return to UK. It felt like 10 mins.Back at the airport in Manila - I have never seen so many tears. Hanna cried as well!!

I have never been so NOT glad to see the UK! Heathrow welcomed me with a grumpy, spotty young upstart at passport control - and London welcomed me with a free shower in the form of - shall we say 'pi**ing down!'
    I arrived home - got on the Internet and told Hanna that I was coming back.

When my ex left me she decided to milk every advantage that she could as a mother. She took our 2 children with her - went to the CSA and forced the sale of our house - effectively turning me out into the street.
    Hang on - let's think about things here!!! SHE decides to run off with another bloke and yet I lose everything!!! And the courts agree with HER!!!
    Now - correct me if I am wrong but..........................well.......you know.

I took out a frighteningly large loan and opened my own school in South Oxfordshire - moving from Essex so that I could be near to Christopher and Samantha (the children.) Rented a house - where I still am now. Lost a small fortune in my first year of 'trading.' Went through depression again at the size of my debts.
    Two things that kept me smiling through this..............

Working with kids is an honour - teaching is the BEST job in the world!!

Hanna.

In 5 weeks time I was back in the Phils. and on the 9th of June at 11.00a.m. Hanna became my wife.

Al

Congratulations to you and Hanna...

I deeply moved by your story...
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    In 5 weeks time I was back in the Phils. and on the 9th of June at 11.00a.m. Hanna became my wife.

Al
    Awwww...I always love a happy ending... Congratulations Alan and Hanna. Thank you for sharing this Fil-Brit love story.
    A winning horse doesn't know why it runs in a race.
    It runs because of the hits of pain.
    Life is a race. God is your rider.
    So if you're in pain,
    then think God wants you to win

Smile

You are more than welcome. It actually surprised me how many people read it and said nice things.

Thanks EVERYONE - God bless you all.

Alan, VERY moving, your story. With your ex-wife, and how you met with Hannah. Thanks for being so open! My story is different and similar at the same time. We struggle for having just a simple good life, but it's so hard. And when we met HER, it's suddenly so easy, because there is something that looks like real love. And we are blessed.

It was supposed to be a low key reception - 16 people at the most. After all - Hanna's mum's house could only fit 10 people in at a squeeze.

163 people turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hanna is SOOOOOO popular in her 'shanty.'

Plus - they all wanted to see the 'white guy.' As a foreign language teacher I felt so inferior at not being able to communicate with all these lovely people who were talking to me - mostly in English.

I used a lot of Spanish and found that I was understood quite a bit!!!!

We trundled off over the mountains back to Cebu City to get all the documentation certified/altered. This is where I begin to get really p****d off. I had decided to stay another month - and so it was off to immigration! Long queues and waits. We were the first there - 7.00 am. and STILL we got the 'Fixers.'

Then Hanna and I went for a few days on Bohol. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Back in Cebu City and the NSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Queues again!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is this country like?
    #Then some other God forsaken Office to change her passport/ marriage certificate.

And we haven't even started to think about her visa yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a look at the visa requirements and I am thinking - Hmmmm - show that you can support her without recourse to public funds!!!!!!!!

I owe a PACKET here in the UK.

I have just married the most beautiful girl in the world and we shall probably never be together in the UK..................

What have I done to her?

Thread Information