Thread: The tale of Alan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Never lose hope Alan. It's just a phase, you'll get through it and will one day look back and laugh.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

When my partner left me in the UK - she took me to the cleaners - as I have already said. What did I need at that time? Friends!! People who would be willing to support me - as I was, I thought, totally innocent!!!

Out of all my friends - THREE stuck by me!! Of course, they could not be with me all of the time - they had their own lives to live.

My best friends came to be my students at work! They were either delightful children, receptive teenagers or hungry adults - hungry for knowledge.

In 1999 I was awarded ' Outstanding Teacher ' status by OFSTED - I thought - WOW - I must be doing something right!!!

I remember the night vividly! My girlfriend's father arrived at the front door - Err - Alan - I have some bad news for you - Susan is dead!! She was killed in a motorbike accident last night!!!

Of course, I had known death before then - both my grandads had died at 'young' ages - but this was my girlfriend!!!! She was 21!!!!

You are supposed to be an adult in the UK when you are 18 - but you are NEVER an adult until you have received devastating news - or you have got married - or you have a mortgage - or you have kids!!! My opinion only.

I cried for days - Susan was the first girl who made me feel like jelly - who gave me a strange feeling in my loins (Ronnie Barker - Porridge!)

I turned to my passion - music!! I wrote more and more songs - sent them all to record companies - got the inevitable rejections - perservered - got rejected again - THEN - GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!

Out of bad - always comes good - at least it has for me. So, I must remain strong - I want to take Hanna home with me - at the moment I have NO CHANCE - but maybe one day - maybe one day - maybe one day.

I have, I feel, more friends now than I have ever had in my life - and most of you don't even know me.

I KNOW that I have the most beautiful girl in the world.

Al.

Smile

The workload at my new school - CPILS - is totally ridiculous! Five classes of 80 minutes each, separated by a 10 minute break! When one is teaching, one is supposed to be 100% receptive to one's class - the students deserve no less.

However, when you are totally sh****d out, you cannot give said 100%.

I am not willing to teach in a situation where I cannot devote myself totally to my students.

I have therefore made a decision!

I shall go back to the UK this October to see my parents, my children and, hopefully, some of you.

I shall leave Hanna here!!! That is the worst thing!!!!

I need to get some decent money in my bank account. BUT, I am not a spring chicken anymore!!! Will I find a teaching job back home?

Life is never easy - and for me it is getting harder!!

I shall survive - I have to!!

Any advice gratefully received.

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The workload at my new school - CPILS - is totally ridiculous! Five classes of 80 minutes each, separated by a 10 minute break!

Al.
    Good Grief Is this CPILS answer to overwieght teachers................abolishing the lunch break

On the downside now Angie has left she has gained 20kg
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Good Grief Is this CPILS answer to overwieght teachers................abolishing the lunch break

On the downside now Angie has left she has gained 20kg
    Sorry Keith - we still get the lunch break - but 10 mins. between classes.

20kg???????????????????????????????

Al.

Al, I'm sure you have made the right decision, and with your experience you will have no problem getting a teaching job.

when you are settled back here and have a healthy account and home,
    apply for Hanners spouse visa.

Jim.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Al, I'm sure you have made the right decision, and with your experience you will have no problem getting a teaching job.

when you are settled back here and have a healthy account and home,
    apply for Hanners spouse visa.

Jim.
    Thanks Jim. I hope you're right!

Al.

Thread Information