Thread: job application and experiences

job application and experiences

at the moment i am in the process of composing my CV ( which i find it hard to start) lol. Can anyone here share their experiences while seeking employment here in the uk ( interviews, filling of application etc) especially from those who succeeded to secure a job?. I know theres only a slim chance to get an office job as they prefer someone who graduated here in uk but then i won't die if i try

i really appreciate any experience shared
    thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malditako View Post
    at the moment i am in the process of composing my CV ( which i find it hard to start) lol. Can anyone here share their experiences while seeking employment here in the uk ( interviews, filling of application etc) especially from those who succeeded to secure a job?. I know theres only a slim chance to get an office job as they prefer someone who graduated here in uk but then i won't die if i try

thanks

You don't have to be a graduate to get an office job here in the UK.

Hi malditako. we have the same problem in applying job here in uk. It is really difficult to find work especially if you dont have any experience or qualification they need for. It is so depressing and stressful

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    My Maritess has managed to find a job over two months ago, but they can't start her until the final reference has been Emailed from one of her universety teachers in Dumaguete. She has contacted us to say that she hasn't had time to reply yet, because she's to busy. But I said to my wife "I bet she's found time to party party"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    My Maritess has managed to find a job over two months ago, but they can't start her until the final reference has been Emailed from one of her universety teachers in Dumaguete. She has contacted us to say that she hasn't had time to reply yet, because she's to busy. But I said to my wife "I bet she's found time to party party"
    Not good eh!

I am hoping to find one specially this december Christmas time need to have something.... but I still don;t have my documents with me :( I am currently applying for Residence card (EEA2) so I don;t have anything :( wahh I really hope thatthey will approve my application and send it soon it has been 2 months now

Banned
    Marks and Spencers are recruiting for Christmas. They are here, anyway. Evening and weekend work until the middle of January.

Anyone seeking employment could always try to sign-up with a couple of their local Temp Agencies. It can often be a good way to enter the UK workplace and to experience different jobs and different organisations.
    These opportunities often lead to permanent positions.

hello everyone,
    I am in the predicament of which goes 1st, I just got my 2-year extention visa last July, so my husband and I decided for me to learn to drive 1st before applying for a job as it would be easier for me to do so since we live in a country side. I must admit that I am dying to get back to work any type of work really just so i can experience how is it like working here, it's been a year now since i resigned as a call center agent in the Philippines- I am just wondering if having a gap from being unemployed will affect your future application here in the UK. Best of Luck to all of us!!

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    I would think volunteering for Charitable Organizations before seeking proper employment helps. Not only it would help you become acquainted with how UK workplace goes but also, it would help you get a local reference as they would be happy to give you reference.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

I really hope i'll get a chance with what I have ... sometimes i even chickened out and get scared :P

I submitted my EEA2 application last August 16 and they received my application on the 17th because I had it tracked.
    My FP expired last Sep 14.
    I called to the European enquiries to the one they said we can call for info. Then when I asked if they received my application because I am worried I haven't received any acknowledgment or certificate of application which they said would be sent once they received your application but since I haven’t heard from them for over a month I called because it says on my tracking number that it was received and there was a signature of someone who received my parcel so I called and when I called they said that I am still not in their system like my name is not in their system and that was more than a month since they are supposed to receive my application so the Support assistant from the phone gave me an address to send a letter address to European Caseworker to confirm or if they received my application and if they did to reply to me with a certificate of application or at least confirm in a letter or phone call if they got my documents.
    So I sent a letter to that European caseworker address and have it tracked and since I sent one it was more than a week but still haven’t got any reply from them so I called to the European enquiries number again and they said that my name is now in the system and that the European Caseworker will be sending a certificate of application this month to all who applied the same month as mine. That they are going to send all at once. I finally receive a Certificate of Application last Saturday Oct 13. It says there that my application is still in process and that I cannot call anyone regarding the progress and that it could take up to 6 months from the date of application.
    I was trying to register to a hospital and GP unfortunately my Cert of Application is not enough for me to be registered for NHS free charge. They told me to come back when I have my residence card so they can register me.

I was registered before when we were in Luton but since we moved to Bedford I don't have any records again and they require my passport with the Residence card.

I am trying to apply for a job online but am not sure if they will accept my cert of application only.

I wonder if Marks and Spencer here is looking for one I checked their site and ads on their branches but haven't seen one so far at least here in Bedford.....

I even asked my husband's agency and we photocopied my cert of application if they can accpet me with just it but we still didn't hear anything from them :(

I have an online job which I had since I was still in Philippines... but am only earning £170 per month not much help.... I really wanna help my husband I feel so lame not being able to do much and then Christmas is coming I even wonder if I can afford to give him nice present

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Lazy cow

Respected Member
    most companies here get their staffs in agencies so Employment Agency near you might have something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenpieces View Post
    .....I was trying to register to a hospital and GP unfortunately my Cert of Application is not enough for me to be registered for NHS free charge. They told me to come back when I have my residence card so they can register me.
    This is appalling service from UKBA

The Home Office must issue a full CAO rapidly to clearly demonstrate that your application for Residence Card has been made, that they have checked it's validity and that the Residence Card will be processed.
    For your side the COA is your proof that you are legally resident without restrictions and with full right to employment just as if you actually had the Residence Card.

If you're experiencing problems registering with a GP or securing employment because of this then you should certainly seek the support of your local MP.
    I'm sure an MP's letter to the GP's practice would remove that particular barrier.
    Worth a try anyway. Not all GP's practices are fully familiar with immigration rules, and we can't expect them to be so, but by the same token they should not prevent you from registering when a short phone call to UKBA could resolve their doubts.

The same principle would apply to an employer.
    The employers and education providers' helpline provides information about the employers checking service for employers who want to verify the entitlement to work for people who are awaiting the outcome of an application made to the Home Office

Phone: 0300 123 4699

Opening Hours:-
    Monday to Thursday 09:00 - 17:00 and Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays)

still trying at the agency where my husband works and see if they will accept my cert of application as a valid document for me to work

still trying at the agency where my husband works and see if they will accept my cert of application as a valid document for me to work
    They must accept it. That's why the Home Office issue it.
    If they don't accept it ask them to phone the number I posted above in post#15

It always used to be the case that the COA stated entitlement to work.
    From what you've said it seems that's no longer the case.
    What does your COA actually state ?

Hi Terpe,

Thanks, the cert of application that I got says that it cannot be used for any other purposes it says "This document may form part of a statutory defence against liability to pay a civil penalty under secrtion 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 for employing an illegal migrant worker. However it should only be accepted for this purpose if presented within 6 months of the date of issue...ect.....

so the hospital is not accepting well when I asked them about it... Said to come back when I have my residence card.

Right now the only document I have is our marriage cert and council tax bill it has my husband and my name on it on the bill.

At the moment we photocopied my application of cert and submitted it to the agency where my husband is working and see if I can work there.

My husband actually told the Agency supervisor about it because at first the supervisor said it is not acceptable but then my husband told him about that section part they can call so they took the paper and will take it to the manager so we are still waiting about it...

Looks like the usual unintelligible jargon issued by UKBA these days.
    But anyway, that's really saying you can be employed without fear of penalty.

Regarding you NHS side, get you MP involved.
    Those Residence Card are taking at least 6 months to process and come through.

Hi sorry I am also unintelligent in some aspects so what exactly is MP? Sorry not that good with abbreviations.

Hi sorry I am also unintelligent in some aspects so what exactly is MP? Sorry not that good with abbreviations.
    Hey, no worries. Please don't put yourself down like that.

MP is Member of Parliament.
    He or she is your local representative in the UK parliament (House of Commons).
    I think maybe a bit like a senator in the Philippines ?

Anyway, You should be able to find your MP here using your post code

Once it finds your MP you will see their own personal website.
    Just click on the website link and you'll find information telling you how to meet your MP with any difficulties or concerns.
    UKBA performance is a very common issue hehehe

They can be very helpful and most people find they are.

Quote Originally Posted by malditako View Post

thanks
    The mighty google helped me find a job here in the UK , not the job center lol...my first part time job was in the office to cover maternity leave. whilst i am doing my part time office job , i am also doing voluntary work in one of the charity shops near our place in which I gained all my references from within the UK....having said that, I never stop searching and applying for a different job , a job that I really wanted to do and finally, after three months of searching/applying /contemplating on which company to work with , I gave up my part time office job and voluntary work and accepted the job I am into now!!! cant believe i've been working with them for two years already (lol going strong and earning my own money)

my tips if you are applying online:

make an impressive covering letter/application letter/CV
    complete the job application
    provide your school certificates/employment certificates (even from the Philippines) , the company will keep it in your personal profile at work and can be very helpful for future use in case you want to upgrade your level or status at work.
    provide at least three references.

good luck my friend you can do it!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

i'm still waiting for my FLR(M) so i cannot do anything here in UK i really want to work here because i want to help my husband and also i dont want his family and also 'some people' in the pilippines to think that i'm only here enjoying my life doing nothing. i hope and pray that i can find a job soon, if only UKBA will do their job and look my application since it's been almost 5months of waiting already
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Hi. I've applied for EEA2 last July and heard nothing from the UKBA. We rung them last month re my COA they said they've received my docs but until now I haven't received my COA:(

Quote Originally Posted by Gretta View Post
    Hi. I've applied for EEA2 last July and heard nothing from the UKBA. We rung them last month re my COA they said they've received my docs but until now I haven't received my COA:(
    Contact UKBA to chase up
    Try to secure some help from your MP.
    UKBA are directed to release the COA very quickly. Certainly within maximum 6 weeks.

Thread Information