i inquired b4 about tourist visa and same with lady j, i was then told to secure first application forms from british embassy, then if its an sponsored trip the ppol who will pose as his sponsor will submit his FS includes bank accts,proof place of residence. if u an provide the British embassy here with ur papers then it would be a lot easier to process it while ur here. if she will declare herself as a tourist then she should showa convincing bank acct and her finances here that shes capable to be a tourist. They'll gonna check her bank account 6 months backwards...then it has to be submitted together with the application forms and the payments its 3600php. then its valid and has to be availed in 3 months after its release.According to the Uk embassy, its was once 6months expiry..but they changed it temporarily to 3 months coz of the recent terrorist incident there...hope this can help..for i tried also but no problem with my bank acct its just a place to stay or a sponsor to guarantee tthat im coming back to phillippines and a guarantee that ill not be a pirated worker there...thats why i stop for a while..still had my papers in my cabinet....he he he