Thread: Employer Letter is it Enough?

Respected Member

Employer Letter is it Enough?

Well guys after over 7 months of working crazy hours. Sometimes 72 hours a week. I have compiled all my documents,and next month i will be applying for my wife's visa. I have followed members advice. I am am a lot more confident after been a member on this site. With your help i managed to get my Children's British Passports sorted out. They are so much looking forward to coming to the United Kingdom.

But i have one worry that i have discussed with members before. I work in the Security Industry and i work 60 hours a week @ 6.50 an hour 12 hours a day 5 days a week. I work that out at £20,280 a year. However my employer will not confirm that on paper as i am not actually contracted to work £20.2080 a year. Confusing i know!. It's something to do with a 0 hours contract and the way the Security Industry works. In the letter the HR dept have confirmed the hours i work. The rate of pay etc. I am permanent i work overtime etc. I will have actually earned in this tax year at the end of this Month £16000 gross when i apply. But as we all know in the Annex FM Section what it says.

But i can not get anymore in the letter from my employer. I believe i meet the income threshold but maybe the ECO will not be satisfied. My employer has made it clear in the letter that if anymore information is needed to contact the HR dept. In my application the ECO has to understand that it's not just my wife but two children at stake as well. I have had support from my MP who says she cannot really do anymore until i have applied and is at the refused stage. I hope not.

I am in the hands of the gods now! What do you think?

Sheldon

An annual salary of £18,600 means a gross monthly salary of £1,550.

So if any of your payslips in the last 6 months have less then £1,550 as Gross Pay for the month. ECO will use that as a basis to calculate the annual salary.

So if all your payslips in the last 6 months show £1,550 or above as the Gross pay you should be fine. Otherwise the shortfall needs to be covered by savings.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Yes joe i am well above the gross of £1550 a month on every payslip and have six months worth of them. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Sometimes bosses are not very helpful are they. They dont understand or dont want to understand.

Good luck Sheldon

Respected Member
    My wife and i feel like we are going into the jungle to do bush tucker trial. It would be so sad if we failed on a technical reason.

I always thought it was just a letter confirming you work there? Just get your boss to do that and that you have earned £20280. Surely that should be enough?. Maybe marco or some of the other members can put you right on this.

Respected Member
    MY Employer is happy to confirm hourly rate, numbers of hours worked a week, and hours a day. I am permanent, i do overtime etc my job role. But will not confirm yearly salary. All my six months bank statements show the lowest gross been 1800 + a month so i well over the threshold. It's something to do with the way the Security Industry works. Maybe senior members could shed some light perhaps?

Thread Information