Thread: Graham48, I'm trying to contact you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Graham48, I'm trying to contact you

Grahamw48 - I joined the forum today as a new member, and I am replying on this thread as the one I wished to join is closed (memories of cars from days gone by) - I dont know any other way of contacting you. I have just bought a Dutton B Type, which from your photograph appears to be the one you owned (unusually large front indicators made by Rubbolite, & shape of hole in bonnet identical). Do you know the original registration please? or have any old documents or other photos of it, or know someone who would know the registration? The Dutton owners club put me on to your photo & will help me get the original number back if you can help. Many thanks for any help at all, Miles

Graham, I joined today, and wished to reply to an old thread you wrote that is now closed (memories of cars from days gone by). I purchased an early Dutton to restore recently, but there is no V5 or Registration. The Dutton owners club saw the photo of the one you owned on the website, and from the very unusual large front indicators (made by Rubberite), shape of the hole in the bonnet and other features think it is your old one. They suggested I contact you to see if you have any other photos or docs that show the registration. Alternatively you may know the registration or know someone else that has photos or docs or will know the number. The Dutton club will research it all, and if they are satisfied will help me to claim the number back through the DVLA. Without this it is very unlikely it will be possible to get it back on the road, as the regs have now changed, and do not favour the older kits. Any help you can provide will be very gratefully received; Many thanks, Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mileslotus View Post
    Grahamw48 - I joined the forum today as a new member, and I am replying on this thread as the one I wished to join is closed (memories of cars from days gone by) ........
    ........... Graham, I joined today, and wished to reply to an old thread you wrote that is now closed (memories of cars from days gone by).....

.............................. Any help you can provide will be very gratefully received; Many thanks, Miles
    ... you're in luck, Miles ... time for smiles!!!

As it happens, I've "dug out" the *thread you've been searching for and reactivated it.

It is entitled 'Can't believe they let a GIRL drive my car', posted on 14th March this year by the man himself.

Accordingly ... if you click on the word 'Forum' - then 'Quick Links' in the centre of the navy blue bar running along the top of the page - you should be able to find *it there amongst 'Today's Posts'.

Happy reading ... GO ON ... indulge yourself.

Oh ... and it's our pleasure to you to our friendly - and ever-helpful - online filipino/uk community.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Oh ... and it's our pleasure to you to our friendly - and ever-helpful - online filipino/uk community.
    Thank you Arthur, I hope I will be able to catch up with Graham at some stage, Miles

Graham is a popular chap today. I was also reading one of his threads about 'Stopping over in Hong Kong and Chungking Mansions and had hoped to reply.
    Graham, i spent a fair bit of the 90's in Hong kong and also stayed in traveller's on and off during that time. For some reason i cant remember your face but that may be due to various thing's I know everybody you and Tawi mentioned and am still good friends with Clive. He is still in Hong Kong and was over here in the Philippines in September to celebrate his 50th. Wasn't too messy but it took me a few days to recover!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Graham is a popular chap today. I was also reading one of his threads about 'Stopping over in Hong Kong and Chungking Mansions and had hoped to reply.
    Graham, i spent a fair bit of the 90's in Hong kong and also stayed in traveller's on and off during that time. For some reason i cant remember your face but that may be due to various thing's I know everybody you and Tawi mentioned and am still good friends with Clive. He is still in Hong Kong and was over here in the Philippines in September to celebrate his 50th. Wasn't too messy but it took me a few days to recover!
    Hmm...do you mean Clive who was married to Malou (Filipina) ? He's a Diesel Plant Fitter. I knew a couple of Clives in Hong Kong...both with Philippines connections.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hmm...do you mean Clive who was married to Malou (Filipina) ? He's a Diesel Plant Fitter. I knew a couple of Clives in Hong Kong...both with Philippines connections.
    How strange,
    I also know a Clive who is married to a Malou. She always calls him by the name pandit.
    Just happens he is currently working in uk as a mechanic. Used to be in HK

Just makes me wonder now.

Trusted Member
    Blimey.....it appears I have no hiding place.

The picture of my Dutton was taken back in 1977 I'm afraid, so sad to say, all memories and records of the registration have long since been lost to the distant past. It's the only picture I have.

The engine was a Ford 1600GT crossflow.

I also had the chassis welded back up and strengthened, after breaking it while showing off round town one evening.

I lost the (rather primitive) hood after it blew off and disappeared over a hedge when I was doing about 90mph...never to be seen again.

...Always thought the B-Plus was a nicer looking car than the 'Phaeton' that followed it.

I later owned a REAL Lotus Seven S4, that of course the B-plus was basically a copy of., and after that an S3 Lotus Seven...later to be re-incarnated as the Caterham Seven.

Trusted Member
    'Panget' you mean ?

Haha...sounds like Malou.

Clive came from the Northampton area if I remember correctly. Nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    How strange,
    I also know a Clive who is married to a Malou. She always calls him by the name pandit.
    Just happens he is currently working in uk as a mechanic. Used to be in HK

Just makes me wonder now.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    'Panget' you mean ?

Haha...sounds like Malou.

Clive came from the Northampton area if I remember correctly. Nice guy.
    AMAZING!! Just goes to show ... ... that the world in which we live, IS, indeed, but a small place!

I also knew two clives and worked briefly with them both at Green Valley in Hong Kong. Also remember Malou calling him panget
    The Clive i was talking about used to hang around with steve. He is teaching ( god knows how!) in Hong Kong and after managing to get an annulment from the first wife he married Elvie who was his girlfriend from about 95 onwards. They have a 12yr old son.
    The last i heard of Big Phil he was in Macau teaching.

Trusted Member
    Ah yes, I know both of those Clives (and probably Steve)....also Elvie.

I worked on Chek Lap Kok airport, then in the tunnel at Tseung Kwan O, then inside this bridge...(laying rail track bed).

I'm sure you remember Bristol Steve and his ways! Last time i stayed in chung king was for about 3 months in 94 or 95. Shared a room with that crazy Swiss guy Mano who i believe is now in jail in china
    Did you work for Balfour Beatty laying tracks? I also worked on the bridge for Barclay Mowlem then we moved to do various projects around Hong Kong's MTR until 98.
    Fond memories of the part time jobs we used to do in between

Thread Information