Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not warm enough

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

not warm enough

Hi, i put my boiler on 75 degrees celcius to heat the house but the heaters aren't that warm, is the heating distributed throughout the house? my concern is if 75 is too much? i don't want to be getting hammered on a gas bill.

by the way i am using ferroli domicondens he 26 c. thnx.

Trusted Member
    No idea.

I haven't even put the central heating on yet and my boiler doesn't have a temp. indicator on it (though they run more efficiently when set hotter). It's 8C in my bedroom.

Is the central heating pump working properly ? Do you have adjustable radiator valves ? (Put them to a higher setting where you need more heat).

Someone will be along soon that knows about these things.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hi bhem_bhem had this problem myself had to bleed the radiators sometimes air gets trapped not allowing the hot water to circulate properly...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi bhem_bhem had this problem myself had to bleed the radiators sometimes air gets trapped not allowing the hot water to circulate properly...
    i did the same,, from what i know when u put ur heating on, its supposed to burn u when u touch it but mine isn't.

how u manage that? it's bloody freezing..

i have bleed all of them and i have adjusted the valves to the highest setting but it still not enough. i still need my hot water bottle, my pink fleece blanket and dressing gown bear in mind that i'm already wearing fluffy jim jams..

Trusted Member
    I wonder if that's why the ex left ?

I did find a small frozen brown stain on the sheet the other day...didn't realise it was a fart until I warmed it on the heater.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I wonder if that's why the ex left ?

I did find a small frozen brown stain on the sheet the other day...didn't realise it was a fart until I warmed it on the heater.
    i'm not surprised why she left.. she can't stand the cold,, if i have my passport i have packed my things by now and bugger off to philippines

tight bugger,, put ur heating on..

Trusted Member
    I have my electric heater on next to me here...just everywhere else no heating.

I'm a TOUGH Yorkshireman...and super Koriput !

I used electric heater before and tbf I prefer it than the radiator.

Speaking of kuripot, my asawa is like that. he's got nothing left now coz I bleed him dry..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    I used electric heater before and tbf I prefer it than the radiator.

Speaking of kuripot, my asawa is like that. he's got nothing left now coz I bleed him dry..

Time to buy a new boiler diba.............

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

Time to buy a new boiler diba.............
    I just had it this year. I've searched on line for reviews and most of them said its a crap boiler.

Newbie (Restricted Access) lovelymara's Avatar
    bhem, hahah finally. Nkapag sign up narin ako here. Hahaha. Musta? kala ko ibang bhem-bhem. Pag view ko, ehem! IKAW nga! hahah. toinks!

Trusted Member
    You're learning fast.

Have to put my ski suit on and go to bed now...

You're learning fast.

Have to put my ski suit on and go to bed now...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    We have a Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C, and it seems ok, because we live in a grade 2 listed building it's not quite as warm as it should be (only singe glazing). If you have a thermostat that reads centigrade, you should only need to set it at 22oC I would just get it checked by a plumber. Hope you get it sorted Brrrrrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    We have a Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C, and it seems ok, because we live in a grade 2 listed building it's not quite as warm as it should be (only singe glazing). If you have a thermostat that reads centigrade, you should only need to set it at 22oC I would just get it checked by a plumber. Hope you get it sorted Brrrrrrrrr!
    Ok.. Thnx mike..

Trusted Member
    I over-estimated.

It was 6C in the bedroom last night...but I appear to still be alive today.

Who needs heating ?

I over-estimated.

It was 6C in the bedroom last night...but I appear to still be alive today.

Who needs heating ?
    I can't stand it. The cold weather didnt bother me before but lately I get back and knee pain if I feel too cold. Must be getting old.

If your hot water is ok and no fault codes are showing when the radiators are on then the boiler will probably be working ok. It could be that the radiators are undersized for the rooms and not able to bring the room temp up to a reasonable temperature.

I would suggest you have your boiler serviced by a independent gas safe registered engineer who can adjust your boiler and system as needed or give you an opinion on why your system is performing below par.
    It may need to be chemically cleaned, or could be a gas supply problem.

A service I would guess to £60 to £65 in your part of the country and a descale/desludging £300 to £350.with a descaling pump.

dont be tempted to use friends or relatives unless they are gas safe registered and know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    If your hot water is ok and no fault codes are showing when the radiators are on then the boiler will probably be working ok. It could be that the radiators are undersized for the rooms and not able to bring the room temp up to a reasonable temperature.

I would suggest you have your boiler serviced by a independent gas safe registered engineer who can adjust your boiler and system as needed or give you an opinion on why your system is performing below par.
    It may need to be chemically cleaned, or could be a gas supply problem.

A service I would guess to £60 to £65 in your part of the country and a descale/desludging £300 to £350.with a descaling pump.

dont be tempted to use friends or relatives unless they are gas safe registered and know what they are doing.
    when i go on shower, i noticed that it took ages to warm the water and it's hard to get the temperature right coz it sometimes suddenly turns cold. my living room is quite a long room but i've got 2 big radiators on there.

looks like i really need to ask someone to check it.

when i go on shower, i noticed that it took ages to warm the water and it's hard to get the temperature right coz it sometimes suddenly turns cold. my living room is quite a long room but i've got 2 big radiators on there.

looks like i really need to ask someone to check it.
    From what you describe it does sound like a scale/sludge problem.As I said before best have it checked out for confirmation as there are other possibilities.Dirty or partially blocked fan venturi`s can also cause the boiler to cycle on and off.

Do you have any radiators that are hot? If so yo need to turn the flow into them down.
    Are the radiator valves fully open?
    When bleeding you need to close ALL other radiators.

Also to test the flow, turn all off, then one on ... see if it gets hot..... then close it and move onto the next one.... also bleed them while doing this. Once all checked and bled, you can turn them all back on. If they are still only warm they may need flushing due to slime in them causing blockages.
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Do you have any radiators that are hot? If so yo need to turn the flow into them down.
    Are the radiator valves fully open?
    When bleeding you need to close ALL other radiators.

Also to test the flow, turn all off, then one on ... see if it gets hot..... then close it and move onto the next one.... also bleed them while doing this. Once all checked and bled, you can turn them all back on. If they are still only warm they may need flushing due to slime in them causing blockages.
    when one of the radiator is not working, i closed the rest of them to unblock it. i do check now and again if one of them needs bleeding. i guess i've got no choice but call someone to check it. my last gas reading is 33 and now its 90.

Hi, i put my boiler on 75 degrees celcius to heat the house but the heaters aren't that warm, is the heating distributed throughout the house? my concern is if 75 is too much? i don't want to be getting hammered on a gas bill.

by the way i am using ferroli domicondens he 26 c. thnx.
    Hi there, Mick here! 75 degrees C is very high in my opinion - it'll be expensive if you set it to that....... me? I dont need the heating on so much; i have my own little hot water bottle - her name is Myrna!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickmyrna View Post
    Hi there, Mick here! 75 degrees C is very high in my opinion - it'll be expensive if you set it to that....... me? I dont need the heating on so much; i have my own little hot water bottle - her name is Myrna!!!!
    yeah,, it is high. well that's the benefit of being married, u have someone to cuddle when it's cold..

Hi, i put my boiler on 75 degrees celcius to heat the house but the heaters aren't that warm, is the heating distributed throughout the house? my concern is if 75 is too much?

Lol i think thats too hot
    I am actually not comfortable with full blast heating inside the house its giving me headache ...I always allow fresh air to flow inside the house everyday wheter its summer ,autumn or winter ..... anyway, all of our radiators got thermostat that i can turn off and on again.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Lol i think thats too hot
    I am actually not comfortable with full blast heating inside the house its giving me headache ...I always allow fresh air to flow inside the house everyday wheter its summer ,autumn or winter ..... anyway, all of our radiators got thermostat that i can turn off and on again.
    yeah it should be too hot. even hubby feels cold too to think he's more used of this weather.

Trusted Member
    Are we talking about BOILER temperature here, or central heating THERMOSTAT setting ? Big difference.

If it's a thermostat to control actual temperature in the rooms, then it is customary to set it to 21C for living rooms and perhaps 15C for bedrooms.

Bear in mind that lowering the thermostat setting by 1 deg C could result in a 10% reduction on your heating bill.

Are we talking about BOILER temperature here, or central heating THERMOSTAT setting ? Big difference.

If it's a thermostat to control actual temperature in the rooms, then it is customary to set it to 21C for living rooms and perhaps 15C for bedrooms.

Bear in mind that lowering the thermostat setting by 1 deg C could result in a 10% reduction on your heating bill.
    i think it's boiler temperature.. we don't have thermostat.

Trusted Member
    What about Mr. Bhem Bhem ?

Does he not have any ideas ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information