Thread: Lawrenson, Rodgers - Scousers 1 v Villa 3

Banned

Lawrenson, Rodgers - Scousers 1 v Villa 3

Liverpool were left stunned after their hopes of challenging for a top four spot were hit by a loss to Aston Villa.

The home side went behind against the run of play when Christian Benteke arrowed a shot in off the post.

Benteke's backheel set up Andreas Weimann for Villa's second before the Reds were denied a penalty when Ciaran Clark pulled Daniel Agger's shirt.

Benteke made it three from close range for a resurgent Villa before Steven Gerrard netted a late consolation goal.

It was a second defeat in 12 games for Liverpool and will serve as a reality check to their growing levels of expectancy and optimism that they might be able to launch an assault on the Champions League places.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers had even claimed he was looking higher than fourth place but those comments came back to haunt him after his side were beaten by an improving Villa, who extended their unbeaten league run to five games to move up to 14th place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20650106

A couple of classics before the game

Lawrenson

Villa will be competitive at Anfield - I don't think there is any doubt about that - but they are probably going there just at the wrong time, just as Liverpool are starting to play well.

They have won their last three games in all competitions and I sense they might be putting a bit of a run together.

Prediction: 2-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20650106

Rodgers

Brendan Rodgers has challenged his Liverpool players to continue their winning form after targeting a top-two finish in the Premier League.

The Reds entertain Aston Villa on Saturday looking for a third straight league win - something they have not achieved since the 2010-11 season.

"We lie four points off the top four," said Rodgers.

"For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly."

He added: "You need to get consistency - and that is what we have at the minute."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20735575

I wouldnt laugh too loud if I was you Ded.. What goes around comes around.. You havnt won that mickey mouse cup yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I wouldnt laugh too loud if I was you Ded.. What goes around comes around.. You havnt won that mickey mouse cup yet.
    I know Andy its just that once again Loathsome Lawro is proved wrong. Its an absolute disgrace the BBC wasting vast amounts of licence payers money on him, Lineker, Hansen & Shearer - I'd bin the lot of them, their sell by date was years ago

I hate Lawrenson he had to co-host match of the day from Harrogate on a cold rainy day and looked as miserable as sin coz there was no executive box for him-not a true football fan and he is a legend in his own mind
    Hansen hates Man utd and of course knows all about the game "ya win nothing with kids ya knows"

Chelsea aren't exactly setting the world alight at the moment!

Thread Information