Thread: E-Mail Problems - Please Help

Question E-Mail Problems - Please Help

During the past couple of weeks I've noticed that I'm not able to get every e-mail message getting sent to me.

I noticed it when some really important messages just didn't arrive to me and caused the senders to phone me and ask if I received them.
    I'm sure when I say 'no' they doubt it.

After a while I began to notice that my iPad was actually downloading these missing e-mails.

I've spent hours discussing with my internet provider (BT) who suggested it must be a problem with my e-mail client.

Anyone with BT will know they use a platform with Yahoo. I don't like their e-mail platform for loads of reasons. The major issue is that it's not quick and easy to manage multiple accounts all under one window and without the need to log into each account individually.

I had been using Windows Mail for ages and never had any issues.

I am now spending some time evaluating other e-mail clients to see if they can solve my problem

Now I'm trying out:-

- Mozilla Thunderbird
    - Email Tray

Firstly, has anyone had similar problems to me ?
    Does anyone know the root-causes and importantly the best solutions?

Secondly, what e-mail clients are others using that might help?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Please keep answers in plain English as I'm not computer literate

they must have typed your email add incorrectly
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

The only thing I can think of is the mail may be going into your spam folder but you probably know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    they must have typed your email add incorrectly
    I receive all the messages on my iPad, but not all the messages on my laptop
    I estimate around 4 or 5 messages per week out of around 80 to 100 total messages do not get to my laptop, but do get to my iPad.
    I noticed it more recently as I needed to communicate much more with family back in Phils.
    I thought it might have been down to problems with the Pablo storm but it's not.

Thanks for reading and replying Sars

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    The only thing I can think of is the mail may be going into your spam folder but you probably know about this.
    Nice idea Jamie. But that's not it.

If I would use directly the e-mail client of BT then every single e-mail I get is perfectly received. No problem
    But, my circumstances means I need another e-mail client so that I can manage all my e-mail accounts in a single application simply and without the need to individually log in and manage each account individually.
    That BT/Yahoo platform just won't allow me the freedom to do that.

Thanks for your idea though.

Trusted Member
    I don't use BT, but on my Windows phone I have the Yahoo email app'.

Every so often the phone buzzes to let me know that I have a new email...which I can access and read (without entering my password every time) on the phone.

If I sign into Yahoo mail on the PC, it's there too...no probs.

I use both Thunderbird and yahoo for e-mail and have been having a few problems with Yahoo for the last couple of weeks.My Yahoo e-mail layout has just been changed as well, not to my liking.Not sure if I am losing e-mails though, hard to check unless I was expecting a mail.
    Thunderbird has been stable for me.
    I have also had trouble with other Yahoo services with pages crashing or freezing. I will be installing windows 7 after xmas as I thought my vista was playing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    I use both Thunderbird and yahoo for e-mail and have been having a few problems with Yahoo for the last couple of weeks.My Yahoo e-mail layout has just been changed as well, not to my liking.Not sure if I am losing e-mails though, hard to check unless I was expecting a mail.
    Thunderbird has been stable for me.
    I have also had trouble with other Yahoo services with pages crashing or freezing. I will be installing windows 7 after xmas as I thought my vista was playing up.
    Thanks for the input.
    Maybe it's my Vista OS that's the root cause

You've given me the idea to install windows 7 and 8 on virtual machines and see what happens. Good idea thanks.
    Still puzzled why iPad should be so stable with e-mail. What does the OS use does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I receive all the messages on my iPad, but not all the messages on my laptop
    I estimate around 4 or 5 messages per week out of around 80 to 100 total messages do not get to my laptop, but do get to my iPad.
    I noticed it more recently as I needed to communicate much more with family back in Phils.
    I thought it might have been down to problems with the Pablo storm but it's not.

Thanks for reading and replying Sars
    If a client has recently been updated then it may be something to do with the settings within or without, make sure that the server side is set properly and that the default settings are appropriately set as this could be redirecting the missing emails.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    If a client has recently been updated then it may be something to do with the settings within or without, make sure that the server side is set properly and that the default settings are appropriately set as this could be redirecting the missing emails.
    Yep, good thinking.
    I'll double check everything.
    I know from personal experience how important it is to have every single command just perfect.

If you can't get an answer here Peter, it might be a good idea to register with a forum that caters for computer/email issues. It might be a pain but you're bound to find someone who knows what the problem is.

must be an option on your ipad client to leave a copy of each email on your email server, so when you access your email app on you pc all the emails are still there ??

setup a gmail account, and you can get it to automatically receive emails from your other email accounts, I've got my gmail account setup so it receives txts msgs from my mobile, as were not allowed mobiles in work
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    must be an option on your ipad client to leave a copy of each email on your email server, so when you access your email app on you pc all the emails are still there ??

setup a gmail account, and you can get it to automatically receive emails from your other email accounts, I've got my gmail account setup so it receives txts msgs from my mobile, as were not allowed mobiles in work
    I was considering Gmail, but it seems that it gets covered with ads.

Maybe I'll include that in my trials.

My e-mail server doesn't have any issues and no e-mails get missed or deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    If you can't get an answer here Peter, it might be a good idea to register with a forum that caters for computer/email issues. It might be a pain but you're bound to find someone who knows what the problem is.
    Yes, that's good.
    My next step today I think.

I like the idea of the text messages from the mobile to my email. Like yourself I'm not allowed my mobile turned on at work and often get several texts a day that I have to spend time replying to before I start my car to drive home!

Is it possible to tell me how to set this up please as I use gmail.

you need a smart phone, i've got an android phone, can't remember the name of the program i use (there are a few), i'll let you know when i get home, its works automatically in the background. most of the time txt's are sent to my gmail account instantly, and on me pc i can see them arriving.

peter, what adverts? i only use gmail, secure, 10gb storage, cost nothing, cant beat it.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

you need a smart phone, i've got an android phone, can't remember the name of the program i use (there are a few), i'll let you know when i get home, its works automatically in the background. most of the time txt's are sent to my gmail account instantly, and on me pc i can see them arriving.

peter, what adverts? i only use gmail, secure, 10gb storage, cost nothing, cant beat it.

Ah probably wont work for my windows phone. I have a Nokia Lumia 800

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I was considering Gmail, but it seems that it gets covered with ads.

I have Gmail and ads there are very few (and no ads with photos or videos or anything, plain texts) compared to Yahoo and others that are so annoying.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

oh i'm sure you can get a windoze program to do the same.

got to work now break over

Respected Member
    ive been having problem with yahoo mail recently -one of my contacts isnt receiving e-mails ive sent but i can receive when she sends to me ,i posted this on yahoo answers and one reply so far -maybe shes lying about not getting them

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    ive been having problem with yahoo mail recently -one of my contacts isnt receiving e-mails ive sent but i can receive when she sends to me ,i posted this on yahoo answers and one reply so far -maybe shes lying about not getting them
    The difference here is that my 'native' e-mail server is sending and receiving everything but the e-mail client I choose to use on my laptop is not.

I'm looking for a solution, but you're looking for a reason.

I'm looking for a solution, but you're looking for a reason.

Peter have you tired dis-abling your email client on your ipad, and then seeing if your pc gets ALL the emails ?

if it does then your problem is IPad email client not your pc or email server.

Peter have you tired dis-abling your email client on your ipad, and then seeing if your pc gets ALL the emails ?

if it does then your problem is IPad email client not your pc or email server.
    I'll try it and see what happens.
    Just to reiterate though, If I would use the BT Yahoo Mail e-mail as my default I wouldn't have an issue.
    (well except that it's too sloooooooow and I just don't like it)

Im having loads of problems with Yahoo mail.. Sometimes not receiving mails and my sent folder stays blank...Also the options tab does not work. These issues are not found in a Google search which surprises me.
    We are slowly transferring everything over to Gmail.
    Win 7.

Gmail is my fav

Trusted Member
    I have gmail....associated with my Chrome browser which I use as a backup to Mozilla, but just haven't bothered to use it.

I don't like the way they seem to share all your data all over the place...plus the advertising (though I think I have that beat).

So far no real probs with yahoo, which I've been using for donkeys years.

Thread Information