Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weather?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

weather?

horrible weather for weeks now or ill say almost everytime here in the UK IS IT NORMAL it affects someone mood you feel low and sad and different sort of aching in your bodythat you dont know where?
    unlike when i was in th ph all sort of things you could do without the need to spend the money just to go out but here not only the weather is off but yourself felt useless everytime the boredom attacks you..terrible
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Never as bad as this. One of the wettest years on record is 2012.

2010 was the complete opposite.

Trusted Member
    A lot of people feel that way Moy...not just Filipinas.

It has been particularly miserable this year though.

Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D when there's not much sun about, as it's sunlight that helps the body to absorb/process it.

Egg and oily fish like Mackeral, Sardines, or even just a multivitamin pill each day.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    A lot of people feel that way Moy...not just Filipinas.

It has been particularly miserable this year though.

Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D when there's not much sun about, as it's sunlight that helps the body to absorb/process it.

Egg and oily fish like Mackeral, Sardines, or even just a multivitamin pill each day.
    thanks for reply graham its just it bother you as normally i dont feel like this way and now for almost 3 years living here in the UK all sort of negative feelin was on my mind.. plus no sun during the day make you feel numb and slow feelin

Its true,wake up in Pinas or Spain or California or Thigh'land and you feel Wake up in blighty at 5.30am on a winters morning and its like Bloody Hell,I wish I could hibernate

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Its true,wake up in Pinas or Spain or California or Thigh'land and you feel Wake up in blighty at 5.30am on a winters morning and its like Bloody Hell,I wish I could hibernate
    and i think thats very true tawi and miserably missin it especially here i woke up aching and you need to go to work very terrible feelin not complaining just expressing

when in the phils i would be awake every hour, cant sleep in the heat, i miss the english weather you dont need aircon on 24/7 in the UK.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    when in the phils i would be awake every hour, cant sleep in the heat, i miss the english weather you dont need aircon on 24/7 in the UK.
    of course you'll be wake every hour or even every seconds Joe your not use to that weather neither you werent born there same with other here not all (includes me) who dont really like the cold weather at all still the bonus free aircon but i would rather the heat all year than the typical english weather

SAD,Seasonally Acquired Depression?Low light levels and stuff?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

SAD,Seasonally Acquired Depression?Low light levels and stuff?
    can you explian further what does it mean tawi? i dont quitely get what you mean

Trusted Member
    Xmas time is a bad time for a lot of people (including myself), perhaps because we have a lot of important memories at that time of the year and people and customs that we miss, especially when, as you are, a long way from our roots.

Try to be positive about all the exciting things that could be ahead in the NEW Year (even maybe an amazing long hot summer ...things can change like that here).

Think of all the people who are worse off than us. The little hungry kids in the world . The people dying from cancer or paralysed, in pain.

Our own sadness can seem not so important then...and of course, it is nearly always temporary.

Trusted Member

Seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, also known as winter depression is an affective, or mood disorder.

Most SAD sufferers experience normal mental health throughout most of the year, but experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer.

SAD is rare, if existent at all, in the tropics, but is measurably present at latitudes of 30 degrees N (or S) and higher.

Seasonal mood variations are believed to be related mostly to daylight, not temperature.

For this reason, SAD is prevalent even in mid-latitude places with mild winters, such as Seattle and Vancouver.

People who live in the Arctic region are especially susceptible due to the effects of polar nights.

Prolonged periods of overcast weather can also exacerbate SAD.

SAD is a serious disorder, sometimes triggering dysthymia or clinical depression.

A number of treatments exist for SAD.

These include light therapies, medication, ionized-air reception and cognitive therapy.

SAD is rare within 30 degrees of the equator,your in devon or cornwall so your 20 degrees further north than that at around 50?Check out the test
    http://www.depressedtest.com/sad.html

the weathers crap, but life feels great everytime i see Ems

omg i dont think its SAD disorder lols..it could just be am missing the sunny philippines
    so what do you do to combat those feelin of being low..sad aches and numbness throughout your body

get a picture of panglao and keep looking at it for 5 months that may help, plus a palm tree in your front room

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    get a picture of panglao and keep looking at it for 5 months that may help, plus a palm tree in your front room
    would be nice but i want a proper real good to feel weather stevewool which is very frustrating as at the moment the southwest area was been wet and windy raining today well all week mostly

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I've got a big picture of Panglao framed on the living room wall.

It's this one:

http://www.art.co.uk/products/p14793...al-visayas.htm

just the same here in the midlands, wrap yourself up warm now if it was snowing it would be perfect,

so what do you do to combat those feelin of being low
    Cheer yourself up,retail therapy,go shopping its almost christmas,bend the plastic,splash the cash,buy my prezzie

Cheer yourself up,retail therapy,go shopping its almost christmas,bend the plastic,splash the cash,buy my prezzie
    done it but i dont want the chaos in shops either ^_^

nice i have 3 of which i have taken myself

Hello Moy, same here it's not that I am complaining 'bout the weather- I also think we just miss a little bit of great sun everyday
    The area where I live in Scotland seems always grey as in gloomy everyday- but I know it's not only us here as what it says in the news flooding here and there. Anyways I feel a little low sometimes, it's like you don't have energy to do much, and you need money to do this and do that.. and it's getting christmas... I miss the Pinoy way of christmas, (simbang gabi) i miss my family even though I always talk to 'em on skype. aah life of a Filipina in UK eehh. embracing everything, including the weather. Happy Christmas everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Hello Moy, same here it's not that I am complaining 'bout the weather- I also think we just miss a little bit of great sun everyday
    The area where I live in Scotland seems always grey as in gloomy everyday- but I know it's not only us here as what it says in the news flooding here and there. Anyways I feel a little low sometimes, it's like you don't have energy to do much, and you need money to do this and do that.. and it's getting christmas... I miss the Pinoy way of christmas, (simbang gabi) i miss my family even though I always talk to 'em on skype. aah life of a Filipina in UK eehh. embracing everything, including the weather. Happy Christmas everyone!
    hello han maybe we could chat each other in here then lols..its just the feelin is terrible especially your talking alone with yourself and you miss those dialect we use to when we were in Ph..PLUS again the weatherit make feel ill at times and you wake up grey cloud no sun and cold..brrrr..

The area where I live in Scotland seems always grey
    Also available in full glorious technicolour but you need to buy the licence
    I am glad we have four seasons in the UK (well,not really but thats what I keep telling myself ).

Hey Moy, I also get really achy during this weather, a lot of caused by age and doing a manual, sometimes heavy job for years.
    What I find helps is going to your local leisure centre and having a swim or just a paddle around in the warm water followed by a sauna or steam room. Doesn`t cost that much but it can be very beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Hey Moy, I also get really achy during this weather, a lot of caused by age and doing a manual, sometimes heavy job for years.
    What I find helps is going to your local leisure centre and having a swim or just a paddle around in the warm water followed by a sauna or steam room. Doesn`t cost that much but it can be very beneficial.
    hello pete sound very interesting i would love to do that but i dont have access as to where am goin..hubby dont really perseverance i mean but i do..think ill make a way to get there

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    hello pete sound very interesting i would love to do that but i dont have access as to where am goin..hubby dont really intuition but i do..think ill make a way to get there
    Think I understand look after yourself and have a nice Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Think I understand look after yourself and have a nice Christmas
    not intuition perseverance i mean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information