Thread: Spouse visa confusion!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Spouse visa confusion!

Hello Forumers!

I'm a UK national who has a Philippine fiance and I'm hoping someone can clear some things up for my confused mind when it comes to spouse visas!

1. Do you have to be earning £18,600 per year or do you need to have £18,600 in your bank account to qualify for a spouse visa?

2. What if you are already married in the Philippines and you want to return back to the UK with you new wife but you obviously don't have £18,600 in your bank account and have no job yet because you've been in the Philippines for a long time and not been able to work in the UK to earn that much money?!

3. Would you have to leave your new wife in the Philippines, return to the UK to start earning £18,600 then you will be able to have your wife join you?

4. Would even being married in the Philippines first make it any easier to move back to the UK? That's my plan really, to marry here in Davao City next year and hopefully travel back to the UK after that.

5. £18,600 is my new least favorite number!

If anyone can shine light on my questions and concerns I would greatly appreciate it! If there's anything else that you think I should know then please share that also! I'm typing this late so forgive my poor grammar and punctuation!

Many thanks :-)

read this..
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

1. minimum income threshold is £18,600 or £62,500 in your account for the last 6 months, or a combination of both.

2. see 5.2.7.

4 not really, probably slightly easier and cheaper than a fiancee visa to get.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

please check the links below...itmay be a long read but explains everything about the financial requirements.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ply/financial/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Unless exempt (see section 3.6of this guidance) there is a minimum income threshold that
    must be met. The current income threshold for a Partner applying from 9 July 2012, without
    dependants, is £18,600.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    3. Some members are doing that! Return to UK and sort out your finances.
    4. I think that is a good idea But do not expect to be able to bring her here immediately after the wedding.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Respected Member
    Hi,

I know it is early days right now but, having successfully been through the UK Visa process with my Thai ex, I can offer you some advice. Start collecting ANY material that may support your future visa application NOW. Letters, photographs, emails, Twitter conversations etc. It is better to have too much supporting documentation than not enough.

It is over 5 years since we went through all this. It was difficult then and, I suspect it will be even more difficult now but, If you present them with a sound, well constructed application, it is difficult for them to refuse.

You may find this link very useful with a comprehensive list of requirements.

Good luck mate and don't lose the faith!

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/bri...documents.html

Quote Originally Posted by bigtilly View Post
    Hi,

I know it is early days right now but, having successfully been through the UK Visa process with my Thai ex, I can offer you some advice. Start collecting ANY material that may support your future visa application NOW. Letters, photographs, emails, Twitter conversations etc. It is better to have too much supporting documentation than not enough.

It is over 5 years since we went through all this. It was difficult then and, I suspect it will be even more difficult now but, If you present them with a sound, well constructed application, it is difficult for them to refuse.

You may find this link very useful with a comprehensive list of requirements.

Good luck mate and don't lose the faith!

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/bri...documents.html
    The rules now are totally different since the very major changes in July 2012.

This forum probably contains the very best information anywhere.

That link you provided from another forum is from 2011 and now totally out of date.

Thread Information