Hello Forumers!

I'm a UK national who has a Philippine fiance and I'm hoping someone can clear some things up for my confused mind when it comes to spouse visas!

1. Do you have to be earning £18,600 per year or do you need to have £18,600 in your bank account to qualify for a spouse visa?

2. What if you are already married in the Philippines and you want to return back to the UK with you new wife but you obviously don't have £18,600 in your bank account and have no job yet because you've been in the Philippines for a long time and not been able to work in the UK to earn that much money?!

3. Would you have to leave your new wife in the Philippines, return to the UK to start earning £18,600 then you will be able to have your wife join you?

4. Would even being married in the Philippines first make it any easier to move back to the UK? That's my plan really, to marry here in Davao City next year and hopefully travel back to the UK after that.

5. £18,600 is my new least favorite number!

If anyone can shine light on my questions and concerns I would greatly appreciate it! If there's anything else that you think I should know then please share that also! I'm typing this late so forgive my poor grammar and punctuation!

Many thanks :-)