Thread: Photocopies

Respected Member

Photocopies

For the UK Spouse Visa they require photocopies of documents sent. Does this mean all documents? My file weighs about 1.8kgs as it is and so far about £60 by courier to the Phils.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    For the UK Spouse Visa they require photocopies of documents sent. Does this mean all documents? My file weighs about 1.8kgs as it is and so far about £60 by courier to the Phils.
    Hello Moving Forward. The UKBA needs duplicate copies of documents. They will be going to keep the photocopies and only the original documents will be returned to you/the applicant once a decision has been made. I suppose every applicant suffers shoulder pains when lodging the application considering the chat and e-mail print outs and other documents. However, if you/the applicant is availing for VIP Premium Service, photocopy service is included in the payment so it will be more convenient to bring the originals and have those copied inside. Also included in the service is the return of your documents (regardless of the weight). If you do not avail VFS Premium Service, the best way is yo have original docs photocopied outside as photocopy service in VFS is quite dear. You can also pay in advance for the documents to be returned to your address once a decision has been made...

Good luck in your application.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Respected Member
    I went out to the Philippines when my wife was due to make her application and my documents plus photocopies weighed about 5 kilos, so you have my sympathy!

Jlags suggested getting the photocopying done in the Philippines, and if you're not going out there that would surely be much cheaper than couriering another set of docs.

The vfs link to their service is http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/additionalservice.html#5. They charge 5 pesos a page.

I have to go back myself from UK to Manila to apply for Spouse Settlement visa and I have to leave my first son with his father in the UK and bring my other 2 boys with me :( I have loads of papers then along with the photo copy of everything and pictures lol in my application but its all worth as I have my visa after 2 days x

Two days??
    Now that was quick. I thought it took up to 3 months (but some have been saying at the moment it's on average about a month(ish)

Respected Member
    The lastest Visa processing times from last December have now been published:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...ultTableAnchor

1/3 were processed within 40 days & over 90 percent within 60 days. 1% were processed within two days.

These figures suggest to me, that if you have all your documents together it is not unreasonable to expect your visa to be granted within 2 months if not much sooner.

yes only 2 days, just make sure that you have everything they need and you fill the form correctly x

Thread Information