Thread: Young Brits in Magaluf

Trusted Member

Young Brits in Magaluf

Well, I have just had to turn off that tv programme about the way(young) British tourists behave in Magaluf.

Disturbing, disgusting, depraved and plain stupid. The lack of self-respect by the girls was just shocking. Why parents waste their time trying to rear decent human beings, I really don't know.
    Quite honestly I would now be afraid to send a teenage daughter out into this sick world .

Not disciplined when they were younger,no respect things have changed so much from 20 years ago when I think it started to go wrong

Trusted Member
    It's beyond belief.

I have been to the bar areas in Asia....you know, the ones that British folk think are so disgraceful ?

There, I have not witnessed anything like the scenes I've just seen on TV.

In those countries you would be locked up for behaving in that 'lewd' way EVEN in a Red Light District....where we're talking about PROSTITUTES and sex tourists not supposedly normal 'respectable' people.

Brits abroad,pavement-pizza,booze and bawd,I was in benidorm several times last year,some brits dont travel well,they leave their inhibitions and common sense at check-in at gatwick sometimes.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    I was aware that things got a bit wild, but seeing young girls giving total strangers blow-jobs in front of a full bar of people as part of a 'party game' was just too far gone for me.

Then there's the drugs and DANGEROUS amounts of alcohol consumed.

It's just not right.

Scratters! I was one of the forerunners who "discovered" Kavos back in 1992, before it became popular. Even then it was a dusty vomit encrusted strip lined with concrete cheap drinks flogging bars, each belting out it's own variety of dance/trance music and populated by Brits, the majority who seemed to be male, and to whom there seemed to be this need to look aggressive.

I believe it's got worse, obviously I wouldn't go near it now, as being over 23 that makes me too old.

Visited Magaluf once for the day, whilst staying with some friends on the island - what a dump.

Thing is, these resorts and the locals can whinge all they want, the fact is that they cater for exactly this sort of patronage. If they wanted to go "upmarket", then the mayor could probably do this overnight.

Something I have noticed, is that in just about every Greek resort I can think of, any resort of any size whatsoever caters to drunks and what used to be called "lager louts". Coincidence?

As for the Asian resorts Graham, I totally agree. I can only presume it's because it's too expensive/too upmarket for the tossers to travel to. They'd never make it 12 hours flight without getting drunk, and the local Thai police/local men certainly wouldn't allow it without going in with fists/batons/you name it.

I'm done with the resorts around the Med. Nice to go somewhere like the Phils to get away from these out of control youngsters.

Watching the same TV show as well. Young Brits really party hard. I love going out but not this wild. They are out of control! I'll chaperon my future kids when they go on holiday with friends. I imagine myself to be a kill-joy mother!
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

I'm often asked why I never go out with English women...... I think that programme sums it up really.

I know it's wrong to tar everyone with the same brush, but every English girl I have ever dated have all liked a drink! I probably have 3 pints maximum a year, so don't see how anyone can drink 8 pints a night and endless shots and then feel like crap the day after.

Also I'm not saying it's just English girls that like a drink, but they seem to be the only binge drinkers.

a crazy world, we was young once, but i never ever done that, you may have had a kiss on the dance floor and even a grope but that was then, i must admit though the women seem more violent then the men when they are out

Trusted Member
    I just find it all rather sad.

A whole generation has basically been corrupted by predatory purveyors of 'entertainment'.

This assault on OUR kids is purely profit-driven by irresponsible commercial interests, including the local authorities, who don't give a damn about the human individual and social damage that ENCOURAGING this type of behaviour can lead to.

I'm no prude, but these developments in the 'social scene' over the past 20 years or so have become a serious threat to the well-being of youngsters, both mentally and physically.

Yes, I'm aware that I sound like a parent from the 50s complaining about rock and roll, but this (drugs, excessive drinking, sex with strangers) is far more serious.

Just giving strangers blow jobs is asking for it health wise-classy girls

nasty!!! ,,, what is happening in this world right now
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

but every English girl I have ever dated have all liked a drink!
    I dated a bisexual asutrian once who liked hash and opium,I dont even smoke or drink I think last nights program was the evolution of yesterdays 1960's free-love and pot,its gone progressively more extreme,nowadays people have f*ck-friends and friends with benefits and its no big-deal to have as many sexual partners as you can and drink till you black-out,just glad I dont have a daughter

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Trusted Member
    It may be the 60s taken a few steps further, but there are licensing laws and so-called responsible adults who should be supervising and controlling what goes on inside and outside places of entertainment. It was always my understanding that it was against the law to be drunk in the street and probably against licensing regulations to serve clearly drunk people with more drink.

The authorities are doing OUR kids no favours.

If (in this country) they want to stop the abuse of A & E departments, the early onset of liver disease, the spread of STDs, and cut down on working days lost due to this madness, then ENFORCE the law !

Respected Member
    well i have ben to many foreign countries and i am glad to say that almost everywhere everyone knows the difference between an englisman and a scotsman ( or woman ) ,,,,and the attitude to and opinion of is entirely different,, some may wonder why we need independence, well this is just one of the reasons,,,roll on the referendum next year .....

Trusted Member
    Well, that's nice of you.

I've always found Scots to be as variable as the English and wouldn't think of tarring a whole nation of people with the same brush....simply because some Scots have a reputation for being heavy drinkers and smokers, always ready for a fight.

Respected Member
    well budy, that may be your opinion ,, but most people i meet abroad, the indiginous, have that opinion of the english !!

Trusted Member
    Firstly I'm not your buddy.

Secondly, you're not helping your case.

My last word on it. Got better things to do with my time.

Respected Member
    enjoy your stay im magaluf..

Trusted Member

Thread Information