Thread: The Timing Of My wife's Partner Visa Application

Respected Member

The Timing Of My wife's Partner Visa Application

It's looking like I will have the relevant documents together at the beginning of February for my wife's partner visa application.

To strengthen the visa application and also as I haven't seen my wife for 3 months, I plan to fly to Manila to meet her on the 8th of February with the documents. I will stay for 21 days.

If possible, I want her to submit these documents only a few days after I arrive.

Realistically, my wife would have to fill out the application form, pay the fees and book an appointment at least a week in advance before I arrive so we can get an appointment date soon after I arrive.

However, on her application form where it states 'when did you last meet' I want it to read the 8th of February which will technically be a future date from when she fills in this form online.

Am in right in thinking that when you make an application online, you print it off afterwards, sign it and bring it along to visa processing center?

If so, is the date of application set automatically, or can you sign and date it from a later date. I would like it signed from the 8th of February onwards when I will be there.

Respected Member
    Ok I think I can answer my own question as my wife only needs her passport number to make an appointment with VFS which she can do before I arrive. When I meet her I will help her apply online and go with her to the processing center (& wait outside).

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Hi MF. I suggest your wifey book an appointment now so you both will have an idea what is the earliest date available. I am clueless about the waiting time and its better to understand the current situation than rush/feel sorry at the end. Also, this will help you decide about your flight making sure that you can accompany her on the day of the appointment.

Good luck on your application. Cheers.

Respected Member
    Thanks. I made a bogus appointment and then cancelled it to check availability. As long as we book at least a week in advance it shouldn't be a problem. It's also possible to reschedule an appointment using their online booking system.

My wife had her IELTS today... we get the results in 13 days time, if all goes well, I'll ask her to make the appointment and I will book my flight.

Oki doki. Good luck on your wife's IELTS. Ciao.
    Don't just try, DO IT!

Respected Member
    That's exactly what we did, secure the appointment first so you have the travel plans, then print it off (it gets dated automatically) once you are there and the facts are right. I too made and cancelled an appointment just so I knew what to expect. Good luck.

Another excellent tip

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
    ... and go with her to the processing center (& wait outside) .
    Don't know if you'll need to wait outside. I accompanied MY wife to the Processing Centre and the security staff allowed me in without any fuss. That was January 2009, mind you ... so the rules might've changed since.

Anyway, goodluck with the Application.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Don't know if you'll need to wait outside. I accompanied MY wife to the Processing Centre and the security staff allowed me in without any fuss. That was January 2009, mind you ... so the rules might've changed since.
    Only the applicants are allowed to stay in and do their biometrics.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Only the applicants are allowed to stay in and do their biometrics.
    Oh yes ... for the *biometics. But the VFS staff seem OK about the partners sitting in the Waiting Area while *these are being done. ... at least they were when Myrna applied.

Oh yes ... for the *biometics. But the VFS staff seem OK about the partners sitting in the Waiting Area while *these are being done. ... at least they were when Myrna applied.
    yes it would be nice to have the partners with the applicant whilst submitting the documents.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hi I apply for my spouse settlment visa back on november 2010 and it was granted for 2 days and only the applicant is allowed inside hope it helps x

The VFS staff seem OK about the partners sitting in the Waiting Area while *these are being done.
    I agree with Arthur. When I applied my Fiance visa at VFS Dubai in June 2012 they let Trefor to come in and seat beside me while submitting the documents. When I did the biometrics he stays in the waiting area which is 1m away from me.
    Don't just try, DO IT!

I applied my visa last Nov. 2012. My husband was with me, but VFS didnt allow him to enter, he waited for me in the building lobby, theres a coffeshop there.

Thread Information