Thread: a little help required...

a little help required...

i am english and have been going out with my filipino girlfriend for nearly 3 years ,and have been living together for about 18 months , she has been in the uk for about 3 1/2 years , she has a working visa which runs until 2010.

we have decided to get married which will take place in october in the local parish church , we have the marriage licence and we are all ready to go.

when we are married will she gain ILR but not be a british citizen ?

will she still require a work permit or will she be free to move as and where she wants to work ?

she also has a daughter who is 8 years old who lives with her grandparents in naga city , is it best to bring her here to the uk on a visitors visa for the wedding then apply for her to stay after we are married ?

there is no father involved , we have plenty of room and funds to support her.

Hi matty,welcome to the forum!not to be rude but have tried the search button.I think there is some couple who`s in the same situation as you.anyway feel free to browse the search button and i guess you`ll fine your answer there.cheers!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Hi Matty,

I'm sure your wife won't be qualify for ILR because she's been only here for 3 1/2 years with Working permit.

After marriage I think the next step for your wife is to apply a spouse visa and she can still work with any employer with this visa.

When near completing her 24 months stay/living together in UK she will be then qualify to ILR.

I'm not sure about your plan to her daughter.... It's not really a good idea to apply her as a visitor visa then switch to permanent stay...I'm sure this will give you a lots of hassle when you do this.

Why not apply her as dependant instead of visitor?
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi,

I am still new here. My husband and I are moving up to London and we need help to find a place to live. We are looking for a place to stay like a house shared by Filipino couples or if you have a flat/house that has a vacant room and would want it to rent it out we will be happy. Please help.

Hi Matty,
    I'm not absolutely sure if I'm right but I think after your married, your wife will have to go home to Philippines at some point to apply for a settlement visa. I don't think they will just change her working visa to a spousal (settlement) visa here in the UK.
    Louella & Iain.

i'm fairly sure you can apply for a settlement visa from inside the uk after your married and before your workpermit expires, if your on a workpermit without going back to the philippines. just like the know all ladyj says , i mean the great ladyj ,,,, hows your little one ladyj ? mine is teething and wakes the wife up every couple of hours

Thanks for that Joe.

well my little boy is growing fast, he can now smile, giggle and baby talk when we tallk to him...they're just so amazing and gorgeous little people..

Soon your little one will be walking and running around your house and will try to grab anything he can see around him..

Do you and your wife have plan to baptise your bubba?
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Thread Information