Not how I expected the day to pan out....

Had been thinking about asking my little Filipino to marry me for a couple of weeks now, and although we have only been chatting online for about 3/4 months now and have never met in person, I just know she is the one for me.

I was not sure she was genuine at first but have been asking lots of questions and I do believe she is 100% for real. I know this forum wont judge me, but I am not looking forward to my workmates/friends and family finding out as I know they wont understand how I can get engaged to someone I haven't met in person. I guess it's a case of not having done it so not understanding. I found it strange myself at first!

But anyway I plucked up the courage to ask her to marry me this afternoon whilst we were video chatting on skype. Wasn't the way I had planned to propose, but after asking her certain questions I decided she was the one and I would snap her up quick!

I had to tell someone and as she hasn't told her family yet she asked me not to mention anything on facebook yet, so I had to tell someone as I am so happy right now.

The way I look at it is you don't get anywhere in life without taking a few risks. So if I didn't take this risk I may always be wondering what if. Just like I did when I didn't snap up my first true love in my teenage years, who coincidently just got engaged a few weeks back!!