Thread: Disgraceful Conservative Government and Immigration policy

Disgraceful Conservative Government and Immigration policy

I have noticed that since Conservatives came into power they have put up numerous obstacles to discourage us Brits from going abroad to marry or befriend a foreigner and bring them back to Britain.

For example since they came into power they have:

1) Increased spouse VISA fee by double from £500 to nearly £1,000

2) Introduced meaningless English test for would be filipino spouse, when you can go and marry an eastern european or any other european outside of britain who does not speak a word of english and bring to britain without any problem.

And I think this is just the beginning, bcoz If conservatives win the next election we can expect them to put even harder obstacles in our path by increasing the pass level of the English test etc...

Those of us that have already got our filipina wife and gfriends here should count yourself lucky becoz I think things are going to get even harder to get any type of VISA in the future.

We are getting hammered simply bcoz we are playing by the rules when people who don't want to play by the rule and knows the right contacts for like 600 Euros can get his filipina wife or gfriend a genuine eastern european passport from one of the corrupt eastern european states with name of his filipina wife and use that to enter Britain.

Does anyone else feel like the screw is tightning more and more with regards to all types of British VISA?

Well, i'm still waiting for my wife to pass her english test at the second attempt so fingers crossed.

I just wished I had met my wife 3 or 4yrs ago when there was less obstacles in our path or should I say before conservatives came into power

bcoz we are playing by the rules when people who don't want to play by the rule and knows the right contacts for like 600 Euros can get his filipina wife or gfriend a genuine eastern european passport from one of the corrupt eastern european states with name of his filipina wife and use that to enter Britain.
    Screw the rules..
    If I wanted my new Mrs with me in my own country, I would be bribing Polish officials for my wife`s Polish passport ASAP..
    I hope many Brits that have had to experience spouse visa refusals are now considering this viable option..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Screw the rules..
    If I wanted my new Mrs with me in my own country, I would be bribing Polish officials for my wife`s Polish passport ASAP..
    I hope many Brits that have had to experience spouse visa refusals are now considering this viable option..

I think they are blinded to the fact that this option is available.

Last year when I was in Prague, in my hotel were 2 russian girls about 21yrs old and I overheard them talking that they are in czech to stay for 2yrs which will entitle them to czech citizenship leading to czech passport to make thier journey into Britain. These are the russians who don't have money to fast track their czech passport but the ones with money to pay don't stay 2yrs in czech they just pay up and get genuine czech passport within a week and head for Britian

I have even met some UKranians girls in covent garden in London who have used this method to gain entry.

They just have to be sure that they are not sold fakes as long as they are sold genuine ones then nothing can stop them from entering Britain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat22 View Post
    I have noticed that since Conservatives came into power they have put up numerous obstacles to discourage us Brits from going abroad to marry or befriend a foreigner and bring them back to Britain.
    This is the slippery moron you should blame Blackcat for allowing uncontrolled immigration in the first place.

TONY BLAIR GIVEN AWARD FOR HELPING POLISH IMMIGRANTS COME TO THE UK

FORMER prime minister Tony Blair has been given an award for allowing so many Polish immigrants to come to the UK.

Mr Blair may not be popular in his own country, but last night the former Labour leader was honoured by Polish business leaders in Warsaw for supporting Poland's drive to join the EU and opening the UK job market to its workers.

Despite the previous Labour government’s immigration policies have been heavily criticised in recent years, Mr Blair was hailed for backing Polish efforts to join the European Union, opening up Britain to Polish workers and improving its trade links with the UK.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/374386

I'm lucky it only cost me £4,000 in visa fees over the years

not all the CON-LIBS fault labour started the 'life in UK test'
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I'm lucky it only cost me £4,000 in visa fees over the years

not all the CON-LIBS fault labour started the 'life in UK test'
    Didn't their original test include such gems as "When was slavery abolished" and "How to get legal aid for alleged racial discrimination"

However unfair and severe the current rules appear something had to be done to start bringing some order to the out of control mess the current Govt inherited from the last shower

Trusted Member
    When I brought my ex-wife here in 1991 (and later her children) you still had to meet the 'genuine relationship', employment and accommodation requirements, with much the same documentation required from both partners...including attending CFO seminar.

Blame the unscrupulous ethnic minorities here, with their fake documents, 'arranged' marriages to non-English speakers who had no intention of fitting into our traditional culture, and their general abuse of what WAS a fair and inexpensive system, aided by the sort of criminal conspiracy and corruption endemic in certain countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

However unfair and severe the current rules appear something had to be done to start bringing some order to the out of control mess ...
    ... but the current administration didn't need to go to the extent of introducing harsh income levels designed to financially cripple - and bring such misery to - their own citizens.

that was grossly unfair and a step too far IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

... the current Govt inherited from the last shower ...
    ... and successive previous Governments inherited from the mutts who took it upon themselves to join forces with continental Europe in the first place.

Bleating sheep, Tory Prime Minister, Ted Heath's motley crew immediately springs to mind.

You can probably blame every Government from Ted Heath to the present day as nobody seems to have stemmed the flow or reduce the control the EU has over us.
    The fact is unlike many other countries in the EU we have never been given another vote at any stage regarding further integration and all we have now is a promise that if you vote Cameron in again he'll give you a vote although his position on Europe appears no different from any of his predecessors. I don't trust him and I don't believe him.
    By the time the next election comes we will probably be overrun with Romanian and Bulgarian criminals and the wheels will be in motion to let the Turks come here as well.
    Unfortunately neither Labour nor Conservative have the will to sort this matter out an although some might say Theresa May has tried in my opinion she has only gone after the soft targets in an effort to improve the figures.
    I will certainly be looking elsewhere to cast my vote at the next election because neither of the 2 main parties are going to change.

Moreover ... it was this misguided alliance with those (for the most part) non-English speaking countries that has propelled into the state it's in today - whereby, it is left with little or no alternative other than to accept mass immigration from Eastern European nations.

.....I think they are blinded to the fact that this option is available.....
    The EEA route is fully open to all.
    Free movement is a cornerstone of the EU.

You too are quite free to exercise your treaty rights, have your non-EEA wife join you and after say 6 months return to UK with her. All completely FREE, all the way. No income thresholds and no English test.

After I brought my wife in, they can lock up UK border and throw the keys in the sea so that no one else comes in. I Won't give a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The EEA route is fully open to all.
    Free movement is a cornerstone of the EU.

You too are quite free to exercise your treaty rights, have your non-EEA wife join you and after say 6 months return to UK with her. All completely FREE, all the way. No income thresholds and no English test.

Terpe, I need a step by step guide to the EEA route

message me in private if need be.

After I brought my wife in, they can lock up UK border and throw the keys in the sea so that no one else comes in. I Won't give a monkey.
    Frankly ... I have to say that strikes me as a rather selfish, "man look after thyself" attitude ... not to be condoned. What do you suppose would happen in the event ALL members felt this way? Please ... bear in mind, the purpose of this forum's existence is to help one another by looking out for each other's interests as best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Frankly ... I have to say that strikes me as a rather selfish, "man look after thyself" attitude! What do you suppose would happen in the event ALL members felt this way? Please ... bear in mind, the purpose of our forum is to help one another by looking out for each other's interests as best we can.

Yep agree it sounds selfish but what I really mean is that I don't care if they block the polse, bugaria romanian etc.. coming in as long as they leave us alone and not to keep putting obstacles in our path to bringing our filipina wife/gfriends here.

I'm sure the reason they are tighning upthe boders is bcoz they are gutted and powerless the EU door is open for all and they trying to take it out of some other nationals.

Blackcat not a good enough reply to Arthur's post shame on you posting such a comment you have the nerve to ask for help then make a comment like this....if & when you get your wife here to the uk which I truly hope you will there are many who will be applying after your wife who may or may not get there wife's here & some will face many heartaches & you make a stupid & hurtful comment like this shame on you

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Terpe, I need a step by step guide to the EEA route

message me in private if need be.
    All the information and detail is here in the forum.
    Make a quick search to understand the basics, decide which way you will go, where, and how then ask specific questions around your individual plan.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Blackcat not a good enough reply to Arthur's post shame on you posting such a comment you have the nerve to ask for help then make a comment like this....if & when you get your wife here to the uk which I truly hope you will there are many who will be applying after your wife who may or may not get there wife's here & some will face many heartaches & you make a stupid & hurtful comment like this shame on you
    Arh that was a joke really, didn't mean to offend anyone

Thread Information