Thread: CFO in Cebu City...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After reading through numerous posts/guidance on the CFO process i'm still left a bit confused

Hannah is going to Cebu this week to attend the necessary Seminar and get the required stamp.

Can anyone summarise an Idiots Guide to what I have to do please.

After going the visa process this is the alst thing we need lol

Quote Originally Posted by STU3UK View Post
    After reading through numerous posts/guidance on the CFO process i'm still left a bit confused

Hannah is going to Cebu this week to attend the necessary Seminar and get the required stamp.

Hi STU3UK, what is making you really confuse about with the CFO seminar?

As what i could remember when i did mine nearly two years ago was i went there in the office in the morning to register myself(you really have to be early cos they're only doing seminar for a number of people in a day) then if she's lucky enough to go there where there's a schedule for UK then in the afternoon she'll be required to go back and attend the seminar. After that, if she got all the documents needed or required then she'll get the stamp after she's finish(I think its in the different building as well).
    If your gf got the number of the CFO it would be better for her to give them a ring and ask for the schedule so for her to know what to do. Nothing complicated in this step really.

Hope this one helps.

Hi STU3UK what day would that be 'coz i will be in Cebu on Thrusday to attend the seminar... I called St. Mary's about the schedule they told me its Monday-Friday, 7:30am registration, 8:00 fill up forms I'm not really sure how long it will take. They will only accommodate 15 applicants for USA and 15 for other countries for the day. Hope to meet her there... Good Luck!
    There is only one happiness in life...
    TO AND BE D ...

Quote Originally Posted by prettyd30 View Post
    Hi STU3UK what day would that be 'coz i will be in Cebu on Thrusday to attend the seminar... I called St. Mary's about the schedule they told me its Monday-Friday, 7:30am registration, 8:00 fill up forms I'm not really sure how long it will take. They will only accommodate 15 applicants for USA and 15 for other countries for the day. Hope to meet her there... Good Luck!

Hi PrettyD30.

She is arriving in Cebu on Thursday morning from CDO via ferry and will go straight to the Registration. If she is dealyed for any reason she will go on the Friday. I will tell her you are attending on the Thursday and PM you her CP number just in case heheh.

I think I understand it now what was confusuing me was the two locations, for the seminar and the stamp. Thnaks everyone

london well away from those people up norf
    Hi PrettyD30.

She is arriving in Cebu on Thursday morning from CDO via ferry and will go straight to the Registration. If she is dealyed for any reason she will go on the Friday. I will tell her you are attending on the Thursday and PM you her CP number just in case heheh.

I think I understand it now what was confusuing me was the two locations, for the seminar and the stamp. Thnaks everyone
    From my Wife told me its fairly simple once there and everyone generally helps one another so don't worry to much

Banned

Yes, apparently it is an absolute piece of cake.

As long as she is there early enough to get registered for that day intake, other wise it will have to be the day after.

Jet needed to attend so she could change her name on the passport, she went back today for the sticker.

It is really easy, nothing to worry about, it is not an examination, it is just a presentation.

Good luck to the both of you.

Hi Stu,
    You should find out most of what you need to know here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ . I'm told that it's wise to be there very early to be sure of a place on the course on that day (they only accept so many and it's first come first served) and also, if possible she should find out where the office is that issues the certificate, I think it's the DFO to prove she has attended the course as it's not the same place where the course is held. She should also find out about what she must bring with her and what info about you she will have to provide.

When my wife Louella attended the seminar in Cebu, she travelled from Cagayan De Oro by ferry overnight, arriving very early in the morning and she had a ticket to return to CDO that night, but by the time the seminar was over it was too late to make it through the rush hour traffic to the office that issues the certificate and so she had to book into a hotel and stay overnight.

BTW, the certificate is just to prove she has attended the seminar, she still has to go back to the DFO office to get the sticker in her passport if she doesn't already have a visa in her passport. If she already has the visa in her passport, I think they put the sticker in her passport there and then.

Cheers,

Iain.

Thread Information