Hi Stu,
You should find out most of what you need to know here: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/ . I'm told that it's wise to be there very early to be sure of a place on the course on that day (they only accept so many and it's first come first served) and also, if possible she should find out where the office is that issues the certificate, I think it's the DFO to prove she has attended the course as it's not the same place where the course is held. She should also find out about what she must bring with her and what info about you she will have to provide.

When my wife Louella attended the seminar in Cebu, she travelled from Cagayan De Oro by ferry overnight, arriving very early in the morning and she had a ticket to return to CDO that night, but by the time the seminar was over it was too late to make it through the rush hour traffic to the office that issues the certificate and so she had to book into a hotel and stay overnight.

BTW, the certificate is just to prove she has attended the seminar, she still has to go back to the DFO office to get the sticker in her passport if she doesn't already have a visa in her passport. If she already has the visa in her passport, I think they put the sticker in her passport there and then.

Cheers,

Iain.