Thread: Finally!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi Ana, I have to get an NI number when I get my BRP card as the dentist here needs it before I can register! I need my teeth to be cleaned! Hahaha.. Also I'm gonna continue to study for the Life in the UK test as I want to take the test before the start of the new test on 25th March. Then time to look for a work (even part time). I plan to learn how to drive too.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hi Ana, I have to get an NI number when I get my BRP card as the dentist here needs it before I can register! I need my teeth to be cleaned! Hahaha.. Also I'm gonna continue to study for the Life in the UK test as I want to take the test before the start of the new test on 25th March. Then time to look for a work (even part time). I plan to learn how to drive too.
    ah i see. i also told my husband i'm gonna take the life in the uk test before march because it well get harder after that date (but i think i have no time to study the whole book before that date!! ). how about the english test are we going to take it again? i took IELTS before , it will expire this september.
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    ah i see. i also told my husband i'm gonna take the life in the uk test before march because it well get harder after that date. how about the english test are we going to take it again? i took IELTS before , it will expire this september.
    Well by October 2013, all settlement applicants need to show they passed Life in the UK test and a valid English test (meaning not expired). No further details about it from the UKBA website yet, but they included that when they released the new rules on 9th July. Like you, I have to retake my IELTS..more costs!!!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Well by October 2013, all settlement applicants need to show they passed Life in the UK test and a valid English test (meaning not expired). No further details about it from the UKBA website yet, but they included that when they released the new rules on 9th July. Like you, I have to retake my IELTS..more costs!!!
    if there will be a new rule about the life in the uk and valid english test on october 2013 for settlement, are you still going to take 'Life in uk test' before march 25th, or would it be better to wait until after October?

(me i don't think i will be able to study the whole book before march so i guess i'll take the new harder test

sorry about this questions rayna.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    if there will be a new rule about the life in the uk and valid english test on october 2013 for settlement, are you still going to take 'Life in uk test' before march 25th, or would it be better to wait until after October?

(me i don't think i will be able to study the whole book before march so i guess i'll take the new harder test

sorry about this questions rayna.
    Life in the UK test has no expiration date so whether you take the old or new test, as long as you passed it, it's acceptable when you apply ILR and then British Citizenship. I have been studying last year (around October to November) so I already know some..what I need to do is study harder to be able to get the test before 25th March. I don't want to waste the book I have and what I learned so far..
    -=rayna.keith=-

Life in the UK test has no expiration date so whether you take the old or new test, as long as you passed it, it's acceptable when you apply ILR and then British Citizenship. I have been studying last year (around October to November) so I already know some..what I need to do is study harder to be able to get the test before 25th March. I don't want to waste the book I have and what I learned so far..
    thank you so much Rayna! goodluck in the exam

Rayna,
    One of the things that really helped my wife was doing those online practice tests and also the CD practice tests.
    She would do them over and over again until she was getting all the practice tests (24 question test) 100%

I know that kind of rote learning may not suit everyone (you do need a good memory) but it really helped her.
    Her objective was to pass the test. Not to be familiar with UK statistics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Rayna,
    One of the things that really helped my wife was doing those online practice tests and also the CD practice tests.
    She would do them over and over again until she was getting all the practice tests (24 question test) 100%

I know that kind of rote learning may not suit everyone (you do need a good memory) but it really helped her.
    Her objective was to pass the test. Not to be familiar with UK statistics etc.
    Yes Terpe, that's what I'm doing..also, I have the official Life in the UK test app in my tablet so I have been practicing last year..gonna start doing it again..
    -=rayna.keith=-

Thread Information