Thread: Manila/Makati Hotels getting more pricey?

Manila/Makati Hotels getting more pricey?

Anyone else noticed that Makati hotels charges per night stay have doubled since 2010?

For example in 2010 A.Venue Hotel near makati avenue was about £32 per night when I booked in 2010 similarly Picasso boutique hotel not far away have nearly doubled from about £38 to £78 in 2yrs.

I'm defo sure that other areas in manila have nearly doubled too in a short pace of time.

hhmm... I wonder if this is the barmy south east asia business mentality kicking in again, where if you lose half your customer, charge the remaining customers double price to make up the difference in drop in trade. Then as a result they lose even more customers and they go belly up and looking up to the sky wondering why.

As i'm heading out to manila this weekend so started looking up hotels and noticed the surge in prices in Hotels that I've enjoyed staying in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat22 View Post
    Anyone else noticed that Makati hotels charges per night stay have doubled since 2010?

For example in 2010 A.Venue Hotel near makati avenue was about £32 per night when I booked in 2010 similarly Picasso boutique hotel not far away have nearly doubled from about £38 to £78 in 2yrs.

I'm defo sure that other areas in manila have nearly doubled too in a short pace of time.

hhmm... I wonder if this is the barmy south east asia business mentality kicking in again, where if you lose half your customer, charge the remaining customers double price to make up the difference in drop in trade. Then as a result they lose even more customers and they go belly up and looking up to the sky wondering why.

As i'm heading out to manila this weekend so started looking up hotels and noticed the surge in prices in Hotels that I've enjoyed staying in the past.
    Try Kabayan Hotel or Shogun Hotel in Pasay if u only need a bed to sleep at night....
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat22 View Post

Is it the Peso price that doubled or the equivalent GBP price?
    The exhange rate has done around 15% tumble since 2010

Thread Information