Thread: Expensive living

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    I was so surprised at the cost of living on my last visit to the UK, it was the final straw and made me decide definitely that we won't be returning. Life is hard in the UK, even if your earning a reasonable salary. Some friends of mine and I have come the opinion that unless your earning more than £100,000 in the UK you couldn't live a comfortable life.
    We are in the process of getting an Australian visa, which we hope will offer us a better quality of life in the future, particularly when the salaries in my line of work are about 4x the UK salary offering.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    I was so surprised at the cost of living on my last visit to the UK, it was the final straw and made me decide definitely that we won't be returning. Life is hard in the UK, even if your earning a reasonable salary. Some friends of mine and I have come the opinion that unless your earning more than £100,000 in the UK you couldn't live a comfortable life.
    We are in the process of getting an Australian visa, which we hope will offer us a better quality of life in the future, particularly when the salaries in my line of work are about 4x the UK salary offering.

Ricky.. I have a lot of Aussie friends here in P.I that say that Australia has gone absolutely to the dogs in regards prices.
    Many of them are disgusted at their Governments policy of raping the average taxpayer in recent years..
    Seems the cost of beer there these days is more than the UK!!!
    Thats bad!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    where were they living SW1
    i could live a 'very comfortable life' on a lot less than that, mind you i'm not a 'designer label' type and don't have any expensive habits apart from a wife and kids

Australia is so expensive, you would be working longer hours, so how is that going to be a 'better quality of life' ? surely the aim is to work less and spend more time with your family and for me and the misses that's life in sunny Salford where you can live a comfortable life on a lot less than £100,000
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information