Thread: Help with filing VAF4A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help with filing VAF4A

I would like to know how complicated it is to file an application for my wife and step daughter to join me in the uk at the same time. My step daughter has not got the fathers name on her birth certificate. I have all the evidence and papers required to complete my wife's application, but i would like to know what else i might need to complete my step daughters application at the same time.

I meet all the financial requirements of £22400, what part of the VAF4A do i have to complete for my step daughter?

Is it a complete new application to my wifes application?

I don't know the answer to your question but some of the members are in the process of doing the same thing. Andy?
    Please stick around and someone will help you.

has your wife always lived with her daughter, does her daughter have any contact with her bio father ? , how old is your stepdaughter ?
    the same visa app as your wife + a fee and a letter of support from you, showing you can support your wife and stepdaughter, you have accommodation for them without it being overcrowded and evidence your relationship is genuine.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    has your wife always lived with her daughter, does her daughter have any contact with her bio father ? , how old is your stepdaughter ?
    the same visa app as your wife + a fee and a letter of support from you, showing you can support your wife and stepdaughter, you have accommodation for them without it being overcrowded and evidence your relationship is genuine.
    My step daughter has never had any contact or support from her bio father, she has always stayed with my wife and her parents and she is 5 years old now.

so i can use the same app as my wife just adding my step daughters details?

x2 fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyman52 View Post
    ...so i can use the same app as my wife just adding my step daughters details?

x2 fees?
    You wife needs to name and include her daughter's details on her application, and additionally your stepdaughter will need her own visa application.

Yes means 2x fees

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    You wife needs to name and include her daughter's details on her application, and additionally your stepdaughter will need her own visa application.

Yes means 2x fees
    Does she use the same application form type as my wife, because there are many question that relate to an adult relationship not a child - sorry if im not making sense just a little confused. Or does she miss those questions out, which question's must be filled in to satisfy the application of a child under the age of 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyman52 View Post
    Does she use the same application form type as my wife, because there are many question that relate to an adult relationship not a child - sorry if im not making sense just a little confused. Or does she miss those questions out, which question's must be filled in to satisfy the application of a child under the age of 18.
    yes , your stepdaughter will use the same form as your wife vaf4a..(your wife will fill in all the details and sign the application)..ask your wife to read and understand the guidance notes(page 14-17) of vaf4a,..there are some parts that needs to be blank ..btw, its 2 application forms , 2 fees, but only one set of supporting documents for both of them.
    good luck
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thank you for your help again

David

Thread Information