Thread: Wallowing In Nostalgia

Wallowing In Nostalgia

One night *recently, I found it difficult to So, rather than disturb Myrna by restlessly tossing and turning in the darkness, I got up and carried out a bit of research on the Internet. Years before - as a widower living alone - I had joined a Website called "Friends Reunited" and spent many contentedly, absorbing hours trawling through old photographs submitted by people I'd been acquainted with in my schooldays.

However, on *this occasion, I decided to delve even further back and, in the Address Bar, typed the word 'Garrioch' (the name of the very first school I ever attended) in Glasgow's North Kelvinside District.

Imagine my utter ASTONISHMENT when ... lo and behold ... up popped a class photo taken in 1952 ... and there was ME, aged 71/2, 4th from the left in the back row! To say I was astounded would be a gross understatement ... I had to "pinch" myself twice to make doubly sure I wasn't dreaming! But no ... there ... in front of my eyes ... were faces I instantly recognised - a few I could even put a name to - after more than six decades!!!

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Its nice to remember the old days Arthur sometimes I wish I was back to my childhood days so many good memories...

they say they are the best days of our life, maybe, maybe not, but its good to look back on the days when we all had no cares or problems at all

Trusted Member
    I'm on Friends Reunited too...for all 12 schools I attended...being a forces kid.

Mainly depresses me, seeing how much better than me my old school mates seem to have done...considering I was normally in the top 5 in the class.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    We had nothing, but we were happy!

Thread Information