Thread: It's time to bring back the rope

Banned

It's time to bring back the rope

Mick Philpott should have been strangled as a kid. It's frightening to think what this piece of Shiite has cost the country in benefits over the years.
    I found the whole story sickening but was particularly shocked at what appears to have gone on after the fire and the death of the kids.
    Obviously any sentence will once again mean they will be kept at the tax payers expense and in the meantime we will continue to house, feed and clothe the rest of the family probably for the rest of their lives.
    I think there's something wrong with a society that allows someone to Father child after child after child knowing full well that he is never going to provide for them.

They have only been found guilty of manslaughter, a lesser crime than murder so he will probably get 8-12 years to run at the same time for each kid and he'll be back out scrounging in 5
    Keith - Administrator

Trusted Member
    Soon as I saw them on that press appearance pictured above, I said to my son...'they've done it'. Never seen anyone 'crying' without tears.

Don't take up acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    They have only been found guilty of manslaughter, a lesser crime than murder so he will probably get 8-12 years to run at the same time for each kid and he'll be back out scrounging in 5
    He may be out in 5yrs but i doubt he will be around long enough to scrounge as i think he will be murdered

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    He may be out in 5yrs but i doubt he will be around long enough to scrounge as i think he will be murdered
    Thats if he survives in prison, even in solitary confinement he will be a marked man and maybe the odd screw will turn a blind eye

Before you all start looking for a strong branch and throwing the rope over think about it logically. If hanging, or any form of capital punishment was re-introduced into Britain there would be a lengthy appeals process so the tax payer would have to pay for this as well as the condemned mans most likely long stay in prison. If hanging was introduced a couple of years ago do you think the children in this case would still be alive now? The answer is no cos hanging doesnt work as a deterrent. It might encourage the odd hitman to pack his gun away and let it gather dust but how many professional killers are out there? lol

just my opinon i dont mean to ruffle any feathers .......

Trusted Member
    Hanging doesn't work as a deterrent ?

How do you calculate the numbers for people deciding NOT to kill someone (pre-meditated), because of the possibility of being hanged ?

I suppose being fined for speeding also doesn't act as a deterrent ?

I would suggest it does for most of us....thereby reducing the overall numbers of offenders.

After all, surely it is the reduction of crime and loss of life that is the important thing, not the financial aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Hanging doesn't work as a deterrent ?

How do you calculate the numbers for people deciding NOT to kill someone (pre-meditated), because of the possibility of being hanged ?

I suppose being fined for speeding also doesn't act as a deterrent ?

I would suggest it does for most of us....thereby reducing the overall numbers of offenders.

After all, surely it is the reduction of crime and loss of life that is the important thing, not the financial aspect.
    reduction in crime and loss of life is of course the most important aspect. I only took that angle because in my experience people in favour of capital punishment mostly bring up the cost of keeping someone in jail at the expense of the taxpayer.
    personally i dont think it would work as a deterrent effectively enough to warrant a change in law but thats just my opinon

Trusted Member
    It has worked for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    It has worked for me so far.

Well ... Michael Philpott has been duly sentenced to the maximum [allowable] sentence of Life Imprisonment. ...

... whilst his wife, Mairead and co-defendant, Paul Mosley, have received 17 years' apiece - with the proviso that each of them be released on licence after serving half of that term.

the family are sh--t heads, always have been always will be, i cannot understand why nothing has been done about this family long before this ever happened, many many times his mouth has got this sh-t in trouble with other men, but with women hes a bully, just hope someone is strong enough to do something bad to him and the other two too

Quote Originally Posted by lilbasuk View Post

If hanging, or any form of capital punishment was re-introduced into Britain there would be a lengthy appeals process
    OK ... ... that , inhumane system certainly applies to OTHER nations - notably the United States - where it's common practice for the condemned to languish on Death Row for many years before finally being executed.

But it needn't necessarily happen here; in fact, prior to the abolition of Capital Punishment in in 1965, sentences were generally carried out within 3 weeks of being pronounced. Kaput! NO "mucking about" with innumerable [often pointless] time~wasting appeals.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Personally what I think is the american system, place them on death row not knowing when their time will come for judgement day.

Don"t get me wrong but if DNA proves beyond a doubt that they are guilty then why not let these people swing, as to the death row scenario its the best of both worlds, life sentence and by the time all appeals are exhausted then the noose awaits.

Perfect justice

Trusted Member
    Yep...good points.

Need to get the legal costs down though, so that it doesn't just become another greedy lawyer feeding frenzy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Personally what I think is the american system, place them on death row not knowing when their time will come for judgement day.

Don"t get me wrong but if DNA proves beyond a doubt that they are guilty then why not let these people swing, as to the death row scenario its the best of both worlds, life sentence and by the time all appeals are exhausted then the noose awaits.

Perfect justice
    I like the way the Japs don't tell them when they are going to die so every morning they wake up not knowing if it will be their last

Trusted Member
    Hey...wait til you get old like me.

The death penalty is just as much meant as a punishment as a deterrent, and the punishment needs to fit the crime, which in 99% of cases in this run-down country, it doesn't.
    Keith - Administrator

Thread Information