Thread: Its so hot here!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Really glad you enjoyed yourselves over here...

Yes, i'm in Davao right now... i made it. exhausting trip though.

12 hrs to Hong Kong, then got another flight to Manila at 21.05. I nearly missed the flight. Was given the wrong time adjustment by some joker.

Got to Manila 23.00(ish). had to wait at the airport until 3am to check in for 5am fl;ight to Davao.

Great.

Ecxy was lost for words when we finally met outside airport.
    Never forget that expression on her face.

Got ripped off of 100P by taxi driver....swine... but hey, when diesel here is 32 GBpence a litre... and my hotel room is 4.21GBp a night...who cares...

Yes, 400 pesos a night. Pay by the day. got 100 channel tv, hot shower, dining table, double bed ( very handy that)... Restaurant is just on the next floor up and can have deliveries. Laundrette in hotel too.

If anyone ever needs it, it's called the BS Inn... and before anyone makes any comments on what the BS stands for...well...!!!

i thought it was a load of BS when Ecxy told me the hotel and the price i was paying when we met... but I'm thankful for her help in finding me somewhere to stay.

I'll get the street addres later... been too busy doing other things to even worry bout the name of places...

The one thing that has truly amazed me so far is the way that nobody drives around like their butt is on fire... total care and consideration everywhere at all times even if it does look like no-one knws what they are doing...

And yes patience seems to be a great thing here too... which is a great bonus for me as i'm used to having to wait for everything. After living in France and having to wait three days for phone and electric to get connected, waiting in line to pay for something is no problem.

which reminds me... must sort out my water bill in France.. ho-hum...

just had my breakfast... beef, two fried eggs, egg fried rice, cup of coffee and a banana... YUMMY.

it's 8.30am and it's real warm outside. working up a good sweat just walking to net cafe.

thats' all for the moment...take care all.

Respected Member
    Originally posted by Gary@Nov 15 2005, 01:41 AM

just had my breakfast... beef, two fried eggs, egg fried rice, cup of coffee and a banana... YUMMY.

it's 8.30am and it's real warm outside. working up a good sweat just walking to net cafe.

Now I'm feeling homesick again for the place I lived for ten years or so. You just don't realise how good some things are until they're gone :( :( :unsure:

The constant warm sun, the inexpensive lifestyle, the un-rushedness of everything, the Jeepneys that cost just 3 pence to go a few miles, the 300 pesos slap up meals, the sun, the sun, the warm sun, the blue skies, the happy chatter of Filipinas, the pandesal early in the morning, riding my bike down dusty roads in the bright early morning sun........ Wahhh, I wanna go back, I gotta go back, why the hell did we move to England????? :o :(

Originally posted by Gary@Nov 15 2005, 12:41 AM

Yes, i'm in Davao right now... i made it. exhausting trip though.

12 hrs to Hong Kong, then got another flight to Manila at 21.05. I nearly missed the flight. Was given the wrong time adjustment by some joker.

Got to Manila 23.00(ish). had to wait at the airport until 3am to check in for 5am fl;ight to Davao.

Great.

Ecxy was lost for words when we finally met outside airport.
    Never forget that expression on her face.

Got ripped off of 100P by taxi driver....swine... but hey, when diesel here is 32 GBpence a litre... and my hotel room is 4.21GBp a night...who cares...

Yes, 400 pesos a night. Pay by the day. got 100 channel tv, hot shower, dining table, double bed ( very handy that)... Restaurant is just on the next floor up and can have deliveries. Laundrette in hotel too.

If anyone ever needs it, it's called the BS Inn... and before anyone makes any comments on what the BS stands for...well...!!!

i thought it was a load of BS when Ecxy told me the hotel and the price i was paying when we met... but I'm thankful for her help in finding me somewhere to stay.

I'll get the street addres later... been too busy doing other things to even worry bout the name of places...

The one thing that has truly amazed me so far is the way that nobody drives around like their butt is on fire... total care and consideration everywhere at all times even if it does look like no-one knws what they are doing...

And yes patience seems to be a great thing here too... which is a great bonus for me as i'm used to having to wait for everything. After living in France and having to wait three days for phone and electric to get connected, waiting in line to pay for something is no problem.

which reminds me... must sort out my water bill in France.. ho-hum...

Git !!!!!

Thread Information