Originally posted by Gary@Nov 17 2005, 01:48 AM
I think that anyone thinking of starting a business here would be silly not to.

I was just thinking this morning that i could get Ecxy to be the owner/manager of a net cafe or something...keeps me out of the system..less paperwork/explaining etc.

Once established and running ok, can hire personel to take over the everyday running... leaves us free to do something else.

The amount you actually put in will be regained after time as with all businesses. Anything after that is profit and can only be a good thing. As long as you keep the money invested in the Phils, then you've got no worries.

Ok, anything earnt wouldn't buy a cup of tea in UK, but it could be the start of your global empire... a rolling stone gathers no moss but money sat in a bank account gathers interest. Three or four more extensions of your net cafe in different areas and you'll soon have a good income and able to transfer some to wherever you wish.

Not had any ill health of any kind yet, but didn't sleep too well last night. feeling tired this morning... hard to sleep listening to all the air con motors buzzing away.

Wedding reception in hotel last night. Young couple...early twenties. People were pinning money on them so i stuck 1000 pesos on them too...just to help them out a bit more. I never imagined the stares i would get from the other guests... i was a total stranger and just walked up and pinned my money. The smile on the brides face was the best thanks i got.

The bar staff told me i was the first foreigner to have ever done that in the hotel, most usually just take photos.... So I was a little bit of a celebrity... ho-hum.

As you all know 1000 pesos to us is not much, but to this young couple it meant a lot... i wished them good luck and returned to my beer, amidst constant stares and silent questions...

One of the bar staff is looking for a partner for her daughter if anyone knows anyone who might be looking. I can get her e-mail address for any contacts.

Going to see Harry Potter with Ecxy tonight..can't wait.

That's all for the moment...going to check the rest of the forum, then off to the beach. Sun is out but got a tropical storm heading towards Luzon for the weekend... don't know how that will affect Davao.

hugs and stuff.
Well done Gary, Gina and I thought that was a nice gesture after reading that story, you smooth git hahahaha, but anyway, enjoy your night out with Ecky, and give her our regards, hope you are really enjoying your time there, you are right that 1000 is a nice gift in the fortune dance, the bride would be ecstatic, when Gina and I had our fortune dance, we made about 17000 pesos, and Gina got a couple of cheques as well, so we didnt do too bad, how about yours Rob ?? how did you and Elsa do ? and yours Keith with Ping ? how do you do ??

Look after yourself Gary !!! keep in touch with us....best wishes

Pete and G