Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its so hot here!!

Administrator
    I habd caught a small mouse in our kitchen last night. They come in from the countryside looking for warmth, and I put the little bugger out in the ice!!
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Originally posted by walesrob@Nov 3 2005, 01:32 PM
    Hi all, from sunny Boracay..Rob and Elsa just checking if you guys are suffering the cold and wet while we're here in Boracay :lol:

The story so far then, we arrived HK on Oct 25th on KLM - well recommended and even better they have the on-line check in, so we picked the exit rows with plenty of legroom.
    We spent 3 nights in HK, visited Ocean Park, Lantau Island & Big Buddha, shopping and more shopping, took the escalator up to Mid Levels, the Peak, Star Ferry and lots of yummy chinese food with chopsticks ooer..

Then it was onto to sunny Manila - we were there 1 night (at the Makati Palace) then onto to Tacloban. We intended to stay at the Leyte Park Hotel, however, upon checking-in at that place we immediatley checked out again, it was DISGUSTING - more about that on my return, so instead it was our fave - Alejandros. We visited Sohoton Caves, Dulag, Tanaun and surronding area. We ate at Guiseppes Italian and Stephanies - which Gerry (GM47) recommended.

Onto Day 3, we returned to Manila fully intending to stay there for a day or two while Elsa sorts out some "beezness" but instead we thought, sod it, lets go Boracay, so it was out of arrivals and back in again to get Asian Spirit to Cacitlan. We didnt get a chance to book a place at Casa Pilar, Pete, as it was all last minute, so instead we got The Blue Mango Blue Mango Hotel on the west side of Boracay Beach. This place really is paradise, its just so beautiful. We've been here just 1 day, but so far we've done the banana boat (and fallen off big style) got a day boat trip arond the island to include fish feeding!, the Crystal Caves and generally admiring the beauty of this lovely island. I'm thoroughly sunburnt, Elsa has a shoulder injury, but what the hell, its paradise.

We're flying back to Manila on 5th, staying for 3 days whilst Elsa sorts out some "beezness" (don't ask me!&#33 then its back to Hong Kong on 8th, finally catching KLM to Cardff via Amsterdam on 11th November back to the cold and wet, and I'm sure we'll have many more stories to tell.

See ya later amigos..Heres a pic of Blue Mango....

Hi Rob,

i hope you do not mind me asking but can you give me some more details about the Blue Mango as i am about to book 3 nights in Boracay. What was the rooms, food, service etc like? Is it far from the main area where the shops & restaurants are?

Thanks in advance!!

John

Banned
    Originally posted by Eljohno@Feb 22 2006, 10:40 PM
    Hi Rob,

i hope you do not mind me asking but can you give me some more details about the Blue Mango as i am about to book 3 nights in Boracay. What was the rooms, food, service etc like? Is it far from the main area where the shops & restaurants are?

Thanks in advance!!
    John
    Ok, the Blue Mango is on the south side of the island at Angol Point. You will arrive at Boat Station 3 (if you've booked with the hotel, then one of the staff will meet you outside the airport - just look for a sign with your name on it, they will take care of you and your luggage all the way to Blue Mango).

On arrival at the hotel, we we're given a nice glass of local wine, booked in, shown the room - we had the back room, the one actually shown on the website.

IMHO I much prefer the location of Blue Mango as its quieter and away from the main drag, and best of all, its small and friendly - the staff are really nice and helpful. Its a nice leisurely 10-15 minute walk to the very centre of Boracay, where you'll find most shops, bars, restaraunts and (expensive) hotels.

The Inn has its own little patch of the beach where they have tables and chairs for eating and also (exclusive for Blue Mango guests) sun loungers for topping up that tan- its very nice. The rooms have a double bed, aircon, bathroom with shower/handbasin with HOT and cold water. If your scared of the mozzies, fear not as the windows have mozzy grills. Theres cable TV, and wireless internet is free. If you dont have a lappy (I wouldn't risk it myself - the thought of dropping it on the beach or in the sea) you can use their computer which is located in the bar/restaraunt area free of charge.

Breakfast is served 7am - 11am - we had ours outside on the beach every morning watching the sun go up. The restaraunt serves food all day, so if you fancy lazing all day on the beach - which is literally 2 steps out of the front door, they will bring you food and drinks. Also theres free water available if the heat gets too much!

The food is very nice at Blue Mango, but there are lots of places to eat in Boracay, so its worth exploring. We had a delicious pizza at the Boracay Regency restaraunt.

Back at Blue Mango, theres a nice viewing terrace above the entrance - you'll see it in the picture - where you can eat or drink, with a lovely view of the beach. Its very nice there at night looking at the sea glistening in the dark whilst sipping a drink and soaking up the atmosphere - you'll wonder why the hell you wanna leave the place and come back to the UK . :lol: :lol:

Hope this helps John, feel free to ask for further information, but I can honestly say that I really enjoyed it there and fully intend to go back there sometime - soon hopefully!

Originally posted by walesrob@Feb 22 2006, 11:24 PM
    Ok, the Blue Mango is on the south side of the island at Angol Point. You will arrive at Boat Station 3 (if you've booked with the hotel, then one of the staff will meet you outside the airport - just look for a sign with your name on it, they will take care of you and your luggage all the way to Blue Mango).

On arrival at the hotel, we we're given a nice glass of local wine, booked in, shown the room - we had the back room, the one actually shown on the website.

IMHO I much prefer the location of Blue Mango as its quieter and away from the main drag, and best of all, its small and friendly - the staff are really nice and helpful. Its a nice leisurely 10-15 minute walk to the very centre of Boracay, where you'll find most shops, bars, restaraunts and (expensive) hotels.

The Inn has its own little patch of the beach where they have tables and chairs for eating and also (exclusive for Blue Mango guests) sun loungers for topping up that tan- its very nice. The rooms have a double bed, aircon, bathroom with shower/handbasin with HOT and cold water. If your scared of the mozzies, fear not as the windows have mozzy grills. Theres cable TV, and wireless internet is free. If you dont have a lappy (I wouldn't risk it myself - the thought of dropping it on the beach or in the sea) you can use their computer which is located in the bar/restaraunt area free of charge.

Breakfast is served 7am - 11am - we had ours outside on the beach every morning watching the sun go up. The restaraunt serves food all day, so if you fancy lazing all day on the beach - which is literally 2 steps out of the front door, they will bring you food and drinks. Also theres free water available if the heat gets too much!

The food is very nice at Blue Mango, but there are lots of places to eat in Boracay, so its worth exploring. We had a delicious pizza at the Boracay Regency restaraunt.

Back at Blue Mango, theres a nice viewing terrace above the entrance - you'll see it in the picture - where you can eat or drink, with a lovely view of the beach. Its very nice there at night looking at the sea glistening in the dark whilst sipping a drink and soaking up the atmosphere - you'll wonder why the hell you wanna leave the place and come back to the UK . :lol: :lol:

Hope this helps John, feel free to ask for further information, but I can honestly say that I really enjoyed it there and fully intend to go back there sometime - soon hopefully!

Thanks Rob!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information