Quote Originally Posted by Andy n Grasya View Post
I disagree. His words were "If I had to, I would." Where is the implication of comfortably in that sentence?

That includes electricity and gas - combined £80.00 per month, water - £17.37 per month, TV license - £12.12 per month, TV, landline and cable (includes all channels and recording box etc if I had to cut back I could probably halve this) - typically between £48.00 and £49.00 per month. This works out at £36.46 per week. Groceries bill is approx £10.00 per day, £70.00 per week. Total amount is £106.46.

I have a glass of wine or can of lager or cider on most nights so could cut this out if I had to.

I believe that dental charges, prescriptions etc, rent and council tax are paid as an addition so are not included. They aren't included on websites that show how other people manage on the £53.00 per week so I don't need to include that either.

The £10.00 per day on groceries includes food for our 2 year old as well but doesn't include nappies. Then again we get Child Benefit which more than covers that.
anyone on benefit only get a small amount toward the interest of the mortgage loan,(insurance for loan usually only pay the mortgage for the first year then your on your own) to be paid out of that £53 a week,
much better off if in rented property as unlike the mortgage the rent is paid for you,
council tax for someone in band A will pay £20 per month so thats another aprox £5 per week from the £53,
before prescriptions were made free in scotland , it was still to be paid when on benefit, the cheapest way was to prepay for 3 mths or better still 12 months at about £40 a year i think it was,

i didnt see cleaning stuffs only groceries

i'm not doubting you, but perhaps on a short term it isnt a problem, but long term

i forgot buildings and contents insurance , not paid for by benefits