Thread: Card to use... Help!

Card to use... Help!

So am stuck in paying online as they won't accept my card which is debit mastercard. But I read in ukba that it is accepted. I even end up using an agency for just printing the application online(coz I can't print it). And now anyone knows here what card do I need to use that I won't be having any problem? Am so pissed about the new way of paying the visa. Too hassle!!!

Mariam
    Love is the sweetest disease ever!!!

debit card is fine i used them as well ..lloyds tsb was ive used in paying..
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    debit card is fine i used them as well ..lloyds tsb was ive used in paying..
    Not working for me been trying to pay since April 23 It's already May tomorrow.. Tried visa today, so I'll know about it tomorrow. Am hoping it will work.

if you paid online using visa a confirmation will be sent to your email within a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    if you paid online using visa a confirmation will be sent to your email within a few minutes.
    Hi Jake, I paid around 5pm and banks are til 3pm here so I have to wait til tomorrow? I dunno if that makes any sense

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    if you payed online using visa a confirmation will be sent to your email within a few minutes.
    By the way jake, u using what? credit or debit?

Quote Originally Posted by McGregor03 View Post
    Not working for me been trying to pay since April 23 It's already May tomorrow.. Tried visa today, so I'll know about it tomorrow. Am hoping it will work.
    I may be completely 'off-base' here, but just be careful you don't make multiple payments.
    (well if that's possible)

are you sure your card is ok, might be worth trying in a cash machine, if theres a problem , if blocked or anything it should show

and check your balance, either at cash machine or if you have online banking, then you will see if more than one payment has been sent

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I may be completely 'off-base' here, but just be careful you don't make multiple payments.
    (well if that's possible)
    I know thats why I moved the savings to the other acc. before trying it with another card.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    are you sure your card is ok, might be worth trying in a cash machine, if theres a problem , if blocked or anything it should show

and check your balance, either at cash machine or if you have online banking, then you will see if more than one payment has been sent
    Hi Imagine, yup my card is ok, I used it online before, like booking a flight ticket. And I got more than enough for the visa. I really dunno what will I do if the visa still won't work.

Respected Member
    Hi Imagine, yup my card is ok, I used it online before, like booking a flight ticket. And I got more than enough for the visa. I really dunno what will I do if the visa still won't work.
    hi mariam where are you here in Phil? I am in Manila. We paid my visa online april 20, i was using my husband master card , I tried 3x finnaly it worked, u can also write an email to the helpline

UKBAIG.ServiceIntegration@fco.gov.uk I asked them if my payment has gone through as I tried twice they will ask you when did u pay and what time. It wont take long to send u back if payment, I received email just 24 hours or less, sent two emails. The third time we paid, my husband called his bank and while I was doing the transaction the person from the bank was on the phone because the reason why the payment didn't gone through because the bank hold or block the transaction. but I understand u are using debit card, the helpline could help you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beejudge73 View Post
    hi mariam where are you here in Phil? I am in Manila. We paid my visa online april 20, i was using my husband master card , I tried 3x finnaly it worked, u can also write an email to the helpline

UKBAIG.ServiceIntegration@fco.gov.uk I asked them if my payment has gone through as I tried twice they will ask you when did u pay and what time. It wont take long to send u back if payment, I received email just 24 hours or less, sent two emails. The third time we paid, my husband called his bank and while I was doing the transaction the person from the bank was on the phone because the reason why the payment didn't gone through because the bank hold or block the transaction. but I understand u are using debit card, the helpline could help you as well.
    HI beejudge, am in Cebu at the moment and am using mastercard but didn't work, I tried it 3x and now that we tried visa, we tried to pay it yesterday and just got an email that my application online is complete. Just few mins. ago.
    I would suggest others will just use visa coz u won't be having any problems like I do.

Thats good information. Visa it is.. I hope everything works out for you. So stressful.

HI beejudge, am in Cebu at the moment and am using mastercard but didn't work, I tried it 3x and now that we tried visa, we tried to pay it yesterday and just got an email that my application online is complete. Just few mins. ago.
    I would suggest others will just use visa coz u won't be having any problems like I do.
    At last, well done
    Based on your experience looks like VISA is the way to go then.
    Thanks for keeping everyone updated

well done

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Thats good information. Visa it is.. I hope everything works out for you. So stressful.
    Very Andy! If I can do it I know u can too

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    At last, well done
    Based on your experience looks like VISA is the way to go then.
    Thanks for keeping everyone updated
    It was really stressful though Terpe but am glad am over with it I dunno what's the problem with the mastercard so like I said, it is better to use visa right away for those future applicants. Your application won't be delayed

Respected Member
    well done! good luck

Did your partner give you his card details Mcgregor?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Did your partner give you his card details Mcgregor?
    Sorry Andy if it took time for me to answer u and yup, my partner gave me his card details.

Hi, banks will block the transactions abroad unless u tell them, (fraud protection)but using other person's card even if its ure husband is not advisable. It shud b d person who owns d card must use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bauble View Post
    Hi, banks will block the transactions abroad unless u tell them, (fraud protection)but using other person's card even if its ure husband is not advisable. It shud b d person who owns d card must use it.
    Hi Bauble, yup was told by my fiance that they will block it if am going to use his card coz it's illegal. But am glad they didn't block it ( I know not that safe) My fiance didn't even call the bank about using his card for paying the visa which was made here in Philippines. But when we're done paying the visa I told him to tell the bank to block any transaction out for the country coz I was using an agency though it's confidential it's better to be safe. And yup, for those who are going to apply in the future it's better to call the bank, just to make sure.

Yeah it is illegal if its not d card holder.... Bank block it for fraud protection... Visa/mastercard doesnt matter as long as d bank wont find it suspicious...
    Anyway, good luck!!!

Thread Information