Thread: need some help...finncial requirement

Respected Member

need some help...finncial requirement

hello everyone.. We will be applying settlement visa by choosing category D on the financial requirement: Cash Savings, Category D combined with other income except self employment. I would like to know if I am on the right tract filling out only the Part 3F Cash savings which are just the page 11 and 12 of the appendix? Other part I just write N/A. Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Respected Member
    In Part 3f there is no question about his National Insurance Number but it does in other category, do I need to write down my husband NI number? thank you so much in advance.

Appendix 2 part 3F (Category D) is for cash savings ONLY
    You would need to have £62,500 in cash savings to follow this route only.
    Additionally the full amount of £62,500 must have been held for at least 6 months.

Please do read and fully understand the requirements.

The actual VALUES of shares etc are not allowable.
    It's only the INCOME from those shares that count.

Be cautious.

Concerning the National Insurance number, you need only input that if there is a question asking for it.
    Appendix 2 part 3F does NOT ask for (or require) a National Insurance number

Do you have the intention to complete either Appendix 2 part 3D (Category C) or Appendix 2 part 3E (Category E) or perhaps even both ?

On those parts of the form you do not need to complete, just leave blank.

No offence intended, just trying to help

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Appendix 2 part 3F (Category D) is for cash savings ONLY
    You would need to have £62,500 in cash savings to follow this route only.
    Additionally the full amount of £62,500 must have been held for at least 6 months.

Please do read and fully understand the requirements.

The actual VALUES of shares etc are not allowable.
    It's only the INCOME from those shares that count.

Be cautious.

Concerning the National Insurance number, you need only input that if there is a question asking for it.
    Appendix 2 part 3F does NOT ask for (or require) a National Insurance number

Do you have the intention to complete either Appendix 2 part 3D (Category C) or Appendix 2 part 3E (Category E) or perhaps even both ?

On those parts of the form you do not need to complete, just leave blank.

No offence intended, just trying to help

I appreciate your help as I need you now Terpe, I am intending to complete just the Part 3f:cash saving but can this be combined with other income as my husband is not working? he has got shares . His money is just 31,000 plus in the bank, hes got shares of more than 12 thousand plus in American company , and he has 23600 in an endowment which will be pay out in October 2014(maturity) I understand this is about his house. For the shares, endowment and hs cash savings his total money is 67,760.50

Thank you Terpe about that National Insurance Number and its cleared now that I will fill out just the part 3f:cash savings , I was just confused coz he has other income to write down. You are helping me now. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by beejudge73 View Post
    I appreciate your help as I need you now Terpe, I am intending to complete just the Part 3f:cash saving but can this be combined with other income as my husband is not working? he has got shares . His money is just 31,000 plus in the bank, hes got shares of more than 12 thousand plus in American company , and he has 23600 in an endowment which will be pay out in October 2014(maturity) I understand this is about his house. For the shares, endowment and hs cash savings his total money is 67,760.50

Thank you Terpe about that National Insurance Number and its cleared now that I will fill out just the part 3f:cash savings , I was just confused coz he has other income to write down. You are helping me now. Thank you

To apply visa under Cash Savings route only.
    Your husband will need £62,500 in cash and this amount of cash must have been held for 6 months minimum.

Your husband has only £31,000 cash savings. He must therefore make up the shortfall of £31,500 from other sources.

He may include INCOME from his shares as a source, but he cannot include the value of those shares.
    With a total value of the shares of £12,000 he cannot achieve an income of £31,500
    Even if he will sell immediately all those shares he will not meet the shortfall of £31,500

The maturity of the endowment will be October 2014
    He cannot include the value of that endowment in the visa application.

Please take a little time to understand the UKBA requirement.

I really don't think you should pay all that money for a visa application that will fall to refusal under the conditions you explain.

If you have questions or need further clarification please don't be shy to ask anything at all.

Respected Member
    again thank you for that very nice presentation Terpe, as you know the guidelines sometimes are confusing but I tell you you are a blessings, I got all the papers here but yes this shares from one company 10,027.33 is just the value, the other shares in other company that cost 2,676.16 is still the value. The endowment is not counted too. We cant go through with the visa you think I need to refund the visa payment now coz my husband cant just put money of 31,500 in one way, this is easy as he came from a good family. His sisters could provide surely but again its a question of 6 months bank statement.

I would surely keep in touch with you till we could sort this out. My husband is also reading your replies its just that he is not into computer so I do it. he said Thank you to you.

bee

Respected Member
    Terpe, my husband is asking what if he is going to ask the company to pay out his endowment assurance and will put it in the bank , also if he would sell his shares does he need to wait for the 6 months statement or he could just add on to his cash savings, if you could give us some suggestions how to sort things out just to get this 62500. Thanks Terpe!

Respected Member
    is there a limit of how much cash gift a person can give to our wedding? We got wedding cash gifts on our wedding last November. We didn't deposit in the bank. if My husband will surrender his endowment policy if he has to cash in now and put it in the bank will the UKBA accept it?( his has got his endowment for 23 years) its worth doing? Do they need bank statement of 6 months as well? Sorry I maybe redundant here just a bit down now.

Hello beejudge73, I'm so glad you now understand the complexities of these UKBA rules.
    It's really so sad how they keep loved one apart.

As things stand right now, it's better that you do NOT follow through with any application until both you and your husband fully understand the UKBA requirements and have agreed a way to comply with them all.
    Better safe than sorry.

I really think there's a lot of things to think carefully about. You and your husband should take some time to discuss how best to move forward.
    It's not my intention to tell you how best to proceed, you both need to agree that. The only thing I can do is to help you understand the options you have and to show you where the best information is.

Please don't post any very personal details or actual amounts of money here. For the time being lets just keep the postings as general as we can.
    If it gets to the point where it's essential to discuss actual amounts I will contact you by e-mail.

If you don't mind beejudge, here are some general questions that can help to guide us in the right direction:-

Does your husband have any employment?
    Does your husband receive any pension income?
    Does your husband receive any benefits?
    Does your husband receive any regular income at all? If yes from which source?

For the time being please do NOT cash in any shares or endowment.

Respected Member
    Does your husband have any employment?: NO

Does your husband receive any pension income? NO

Does your husband receive any benefits? NO

Does your husband receive any regular income at at all? interest from his savings, some money from his shares but not so much

I got it Terpe, some amount are not exact though, but thank you. Ill keep u posted about how we go through with this coz I believe you can suggest something for some options. More power!

Respected Member
    Hello beejudge73, I'm so glad you now understand the complexities of these UKBA rules.
    It's really so sad how they keep loved one apart.

As things stand right now, it's better that you do NOT follow through with any application until both you and your husband fully understand the UKBA requirements and have agreed a way to comply with them all.
    Better safe than sorry.

I really think there's a lot of things to think carefully about. You and your husband should take some time to discuss how best to move forward.
    It's not my intention to tell you how best to proceed, you both need to agree that. The only thing I can do is to help you understand the options you have and to show you where the best information is.

Please don't post any very personal details or actual amounts of money here. For the time being lets just keep the postings as general as we can.
    If it gets to the point where it's essential to discuss actual amounts I will contact you by e-mail.

If you don't mind beejudge, here are some general questions that can help to guide us in the right direction:-

Does your husband have any employment?
    Does your husband receive any pension income?
    Does your husband receive any benefits?
    Does your husband receive any regular income at all? If yes from which source?

For the time being please do NOT cash in any shares or endowment.

My husband is not working, has not receive any pension not benefits, he has got savings so he used his savings interest , some shares income but not much ( he's got others shares), his family is very supportive to him.

how about the cash gifts from his family? example if he would cash in his other shares as one options put them together with the cash gift in the bank. Will the shares and the cash gift need to wait for 6 months statement or just will just be added to his cash savings to reach the 62500?

Respected Member
    My husband is asking me to ask if he cash in his endowment and his shares he will get the checks for it and deposited in the bank because these money would have been there for 20 plus years and the shares would have been there for 10 years plus, so will the UKBA allowed this money with the cash savings in the account because it will exceed 62500 then or do we have to wait another 6 months? Please can you let us know. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by beejudge73 View Post
    My husband is asking me to ask if he cash in his endowment and his shares he will get the checks for it and deposited in the bank because these money would have been there for 20 plus years and the shares would have been there for 10 years plus, so will the UKBA allowed this money with the cash savings in the account because it will exceed 62500 then or do we have to wait another 6 months? Please can you let us know. Thank you
    Just to answer your specific question.
    Any cash savings used in a visa application leading to settlement MUST be held for a minimum 6 months.

I strongly suggest to 'hold fire' on selling up any shares or on cashing-in on any endowment policy.

It's important to understand that it's not SOLELY about securing the Financial Requirement for a spouse entry visa.
    Unless there is an 'income-stream', you will both be living from those cash savings.
    You need to consider how you will meet the same financial requirement when you come to make the follow-up FLR(M) visa application after 30 months of living in UK.

I strongly believe your husband needs to secure some employment.
    That way, with earned income he can fulfil any shortfall in the £18,600 income requirement by means of cash savings and non-employment income (shares) without fully depleting his current assets.

Just food for thought. Have a discussion.
    How old is your husband?

Respected Member
    Just to answer your specific question.
    Any cash savings used in a visa application leading to settlement MUST be held for a minimum 6 months.

I strongly suggest to 'hold fire' on selling up any shares or on cashing-in on any endowment policy.

It's important to understand that it's not SOLELY about securing the Financial Requirement for a spouse entry visa.
    Unless there is an 'income-stream', you will both be living from those cash savings.
    You need to consider how you will meet the same financial requirement when you come to make the follow-up FLR(M) visa application after 30 months of living in UK.

I strongly believe your husband needs to secure some employment.
    That way, with earned income he can fulfil any shortfall in the £18,600 income requirement by means of cash savings and non-employment income (shares) without fully depleting his current assets.

Just food for thought. Have a discussion.
    How old is your husband?

But then this is not savings Terpe, this is from policies that have been held for years, so are you telling me that this will not be allowed until 6 months after it goes into the bank account.

I know that there is no income stream at the moment but that is because we are trying to process the papers for this but we both intend to start work when I go to the UK or my husband will start work before. He understand that he need to secure some employment but its difficult at the moment. My husband is 54 now and I am 40 We just want to get into this 62500 then get work together ( if I can) Thanks Terpe

Thread Information