Thread: Wedding day in sight!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Originally posted by Eljohno@Nov 22 2005, 06:33 AM
    I was talking to a girl over here who is from England and she got married to a filipino man and they had a wedding in Shangrila Hotel in Cebu and 35 guests turned up who were not invited and the couple had to pay an extra 1,600 pesos for each of them.One white guy turned up who no one knew with a filipino no one knew and he had the nerve to order a bottle of wine at 2,500 pesos and charged it to the wedding couple.Of course they refused to pay for it as they told the hotel that extra drinks were to be paid for by the people who ordered them..

Sounds like you might want security on the door and only let people in with invites, seeing as it is traditional to 'freeload' in the PI. People will wander in who don't even know anybody, and they'll suck down all your booze and then have the nerve to complain when it's all gone.
    Good luck though, and have fun.

Originally posted by Pauldo@Nov 22 2005, 08:28 AM
    Sounds like you might want security on the door and only let people in with invites, seeing as it is traditional to 'freeload' in the PI. People will wander in who don't even know anybody, and they'll suck down all your booze and then have the nerve to complain when it's all gone.
    Good luck though, and have fun.

Yes best of luck with the wedding, and have fun, sounds familiar about people coming in on a "Free basing " scenario, just employ two local guys, to check the identitty of those who show up, you could also issue your guests with a wedding invitation like Gina and I did, and make the wedding invitation your theme, i.e. we had Orange and Cream on our invitations, then when your guests show up, they have to present it to the security guards at the door, that way, you dont have guests showing up unsolicited and eating food, because believe me, the hotel people who organize your dinner and not stupid, they will know exactly how many people have eaten, and if youre not careful, you will be stuck with extra charges, for example, if your wedding package is say P40,000 they might say, that is for 100 persons, if you have 1 more over that, trust me, they will suss that out, and charge you, say P500 per extra guest, just be mindful of this, but the best way is 2 guards at the entrance.

Hope that helps,

Thread Information