Thread: Biometric Enrolment at the Post Office

Post Biometric Enrolment at the Post Office

Not sure if this has been posted before but just found it by chance and thought it would be helpful.

A pretty good video clip for step-by-step guide:-

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Sorry Rayna
    I thought it might have posted before.

Hello Sir Terpe and Rayna! I am renewing my Phil. passport (to use my husband's surname), once I received the new passport I will apply for Schengen visa, then for a new BRP. Will I be able to travel and go to France even if my new BRP hasnt arrived?

Thanks.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    In my opinion, you need to renew your BRP first then get a Schengen visa. Also, you need your BRP to show you are a resident of UK to get the Schengen visa (Others would correct me if I'm wrong). Under UKBA rules, when you change your documents (i.e. name in passport), you need to make an application to replace your BRP within 3 months after your passport has been changed. A member here has said that the date in your passport (validity date stated in the passport) is from the time you submitted the application and not when you received the new one. So for example, if the new passport would get to you a month after you applied the renewal, you would only have 2 months to get a new BRP, because UKBA would based it from the validity date in your passport. (I'm not really sure with this but a member here has told it would be the case. I would also renew my passport in August 2013 so I still have to find out.)

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit?
    You must tell us as soon as you can if:

• you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
    • you change your gender, legally or permanently;
    • you change your nationality; or
    • your facial appearance changes significantly.
    • If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may curtail (shorten) your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.

Source:
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/do-i-need-brp/responsibilities/
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    In my opinion, you need to renew your BRP first then get a Schengen visa. Also, you need your BRP to show you are a resident of UK to get the Schengen visa (Others would correct me if I'm wrong). Under UKBA rules, when you change your documents (i.e. name in passport), you need to make an application to replace your BRP within 3 months after your passport has been changed. A member here has said that the date in your passport (validity date stated in the passport) is from the time you submitted the application and not when you received the new one. So for example, if the new passport would get to you a month after you applied the renewal, you would only have 2 months to get a new BRP, because UKBA would based it from the validity date in your passport. (I'm not really sure with this but a member here has told it would be the case. I would also renew my passport in August 2013 so I still have to find out.)

I am also gathering information about changing name on the passport as my passport runs out in 2015, a month after the validity of my BRP expires and I must say that this is going to be a big pain again as I hate filling up forms. Lets keep updating this thread as this can be very useful for others in future.

Thread Information