Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa Denied

Visa Denied

I have just got off YM with my gf, she received here passport back today after 5 weeks. She was denied. Have not found out yet why, she was too upset to explain. A whole load of emotions are going through me at the moment... Its truly horrible seeing a loved one so upset in the webcam and being so far away from them.

Sorry guys, just had to tell someone or I would fall apart..

Respected Member

I am so sorry to read this just now. Everything happens for a good reason! i know this may be hard to believe, but it is true. keep smiling for her mate.

london well away from those people up norf
    Like you say the first plan of action once your girlfriend is comforted is to find out why she was denied.
    If she is to upset to deal with it at present can a friend or realtive help you find out? I think my wife would have found it like your girlfriend real tough to deal with straight away.

As you know you need to be strong so feel free to let it all out on here to us so you can support your mahal.

Im hoping you can sort out as soon as possible.

Ps i remeber a story once where a lady thought she had not recieved her visa as she just got her docs and passport back. She didn't know that all our wonderful goverment give you for a kings ransom is a stamp and if your lucky a a5 piece of paper with a few completed tick boxes on it.
    After a day of sadness the lady noticed a stamp which she showed her hubby on a webcam and mucho happiness occured.

I am letting her get some sleep now as she was up all night. I appreciate the support. I thought we were in a pretty good position to get a visa, but you never know. Still anything can be fixed

Thanks Andy, I will check later just incase there was some confusion, maybe she was looking for a certificate or something !

Thanks Mark, room for one more in the fan club Lol.

Respected Member
    I am sorry to hear the bad news. Sad to know that my "kababayan" was denied a visa :(

Quote Originally Posted by purplealien View Post
    I am letting her get some sleep now as she was up all night. I appreciate the support. I thought we were in a pretty good position to get a visa, but you never know. Still anything can be fixed

Thanks Andy, I will check later just incase there was some confusion, maybe she was looking for a certificate or something !

Thanks Mark, room for one more in the fan club Lol.
    Just in case and i have my fingers and everything crossed and im sure many others on here will to

Look in the passport and its not near the front normally its a good few pages back. lots of writing, a hologram and her passport picture with the dates on it.

I had the privillige of being with my wife as she got the visa parcel and after all the waiting, hard work by both of us and worry it does seem a little bit of a let down.
    I have heard you get a letter if you are unsucessful which should state the reasons and you can reapply straight away if its something simple even with the cost many recomend this (at least when i was going though the process)

sorry to hear the news purple, but im sure like sir andy have said check it first maybe ur mahal have overlooked it..Better tell her to check all the docs first to make sure..

ask her to check all the papers. ask her to read the papers to you once she settled down. cheer up mate everything will be ok soon.

Respected Member
    you can always apply for another one. dont lose hope.

i'm so sorry about that. don't lose hope...

Hi All, Things are clearer now. The visa was denied as we got a letter, it appears it is something to do with the birth certificate of her son. His name was changed at some point and I am assuming it was not done right. She is going to see an attorney next week to ask what to do.
    When it is all sorted out, I am not sure, do we appeal or re-apply, is there a difference ? I am assuming because it may be a mistake we have to re-apply in full ?
    If things get complicated I was wondering what the chances are of just applying for a visiting visa for the moment, we had so many things planned and for the moment I just want us to be together. If we have been refused will that stop us trying ?

Thanks one and all

I think from what i have read on here if you are able to forward evidence information within a short time and pass to the manager they may be able to review the case and change the decision. The letter or information held for example on the uk visas website may give more information on the process.

As it looks like it may take some time but an unknown length of time before the birth certficate can be sorted out/corrected most likely in my
    unexpert opnion is make a new application, but i would get advice from experts on this matter.
    with regards the visting visa nothing to stop you trying but they may not allow due to the fact a visa was deneyed again professional advice may say otherwise.

Just to clarify (i know its hard to do via internet from experience on such complicated matters) her son name has changed from what was put on his Birth certficate? Does that mean his passport has a different name if so how, clerical mistake or actual name change?

I know from reading on here and elsewhere alot of the problems with birth certficates can take a while to sort out so patience will be required.

Hopefully its something that can be sorted quickly and your both together very soon.

Thank you for the advice, you are quite correct, professional advice is the best route. This morning with a clear head and a sunny sky I am sure we can work something out. The name change situation is a bit complicated and I am just wary of putting it all up here, even though you are all such a friendly bunch

Thank you for the advice, you are quite correct, professional advice is the best route. This morning with a clear head and a sunny sky I am sure we can work something out. The name change situation is a bit complicated and I am just wary of putting it all up here, even though you are all such a friendly bunch

Good point be careful what you put on a public forum

Worth using search on here and some of the major visa imnigration forums for others experience and information on various points relating to your situation.

Banned
    Is REFUSED AND DENIED THE SAME? I thought if you were given a letter that you can appeal for your application, then it is REFUSED and Denied means you cannot appeal. Am I right? If you have the chance to appeal, that much better as you will not need to pay visa fee again, or will not re-apply for the visa.
    When my visa refused, I got a letter that I can file an appeal or re-apply after 6 months, I chose to appeal and last 2 years to get the visa because there were hearings and that and then the Home Office lost my documents. Luckily it was Registered mail so my husband got the right to complain but that also made my visa processing s l o w

Thank you penny (Assume thats right). I think we cannot appeal, more things have come to light which means we need to do some investigation. I didn't know about the 6 months gap, that sucks. I am sorry that it took you so long, glad you made it !
    Does anyone have dealings with the NSO, is it possible for mistakes to be made. Its funny, all the Filipinos that I have had contact always have stories of problems in their documentation.

Banned
    Thank you penny (Assume thats right). I think we cannot appeal, more things have come to light which means we need to do some investigation. I didn't know about the 6 months gap, that sucks. I am sorry that it took you so long, glad you made it !
    Does anyone have dealings with the NSO, is it possible for mistakes to be made. Its funny, all the Filipinos that I have had contact always have stories of problems in their documentation.
    Yes, if it is clerical error, u can correct that and u have to pay per letter of the name.Say for example the name got 2 letters then that's 2 thousand ( 1 thousand pesos per letter). The only hiccups there is, it will take long, just like 2 -3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    Yes, if it is clerical error, u can correct that and u have to pay per letter of the name.Say for example the name got 2 letters then that's 2 thousand ( 1 thousand pesos per letter). The only hiccups there is, it will take long, just like 2 -3 months.

Good news and lets be honest 2- 3 months is not to long a time considering the way both phill and brit authorities work.
    More likely from reports i have heard of appeals which can be long drawn out affairs that you will get the corrected paperwork and be able to reapply before the appeal was heard

Well we only waited 5 weeks so far, though not the outcome I wanted. I am checking to see if we have to wait 6 months before re-applying as that would mean 9 months, I could have a baby by then, well not me, personally

Still, its an opportunity to change plans, so I will go out there in October instead Anyone around the Cebu/Mandaue area lol ?

lets not loose hope. we will all be granted what we wanted a visa to spend a life with our love ones.

i really felt sad and nervous when i heard the news,sad because why do the ECO made it hard for us to be with our loved ones and nervous because right now I am preparing docs for my visa application maybe by the end of this month..

Well we only waited 5 weeks so far, though not the outcome I wanted. I am checking to see if we have to wait 6 months before re-applying as that would mean 9 months, I could have a baby by then, well not me, personally

Still, its an opportunity to change plans, so I will go out there in October instead Anyone around the Cebu/Mandaue area lol ?

Out of intrest why would you need to wait 6 months before reapplying?

ive been told that you can reapply anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by theresa addison View Post
    ive been told that you can reapply anytime.

Thats what i thought from what i had read

oh that was a relief because 6months waiting before reapplying was really a long wait..

Banned
    Tell more something about your kid's BC. Sa iyo ba nakasunod ang surname nya? It depends upon the BC error kasi. Whatever the spelling in his BC, you just follow it. Kasi, iyan ang advised ng DFA, if you don't want long processing.
    You can ask a Lawyer to issue you affidavit regarding your kid's school credentials, etc, to correct his name but, you cannot ask a Lawyer, and change his name and submit to DFA, You still need to file it in court and it's a long way to process.
    I've involved in travel agency before and attended meeting between DFA and NSO about wrong spelling in BC and different from other docs like school credentials, Yung BC pa rin ang dapat sundin. AS DFA WILL ALWAYS SAY, " JUST FOLLOW YOUR AUTHENTICATED BC"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Tell more something about your kid's BC. Sa iyo ba nakasunod ang surname nya? It depends upon the BC error kasi. Whatever the spelling in his BC, you just follow it. Kasi, iyan ang advised ng DFA, if you don't want long processing.
    You can ask a Lawyer to issue you affidavit regarding your kid's school credentials, etc, to correct his name but, you cannot ask a Lawyer, and change his name and submit to DFA, You still need to file it in court and it's a long way to process.
    I've involved in travel agency before and attended meeting between DFA and NSO about wrong spelling in BC and different from other docs like school credentials, Yung BC pa rin ang dapat sundin. AS DFA WILL ALWAYS SAY, " JUST FOLLOW YOUR AUTHENTICATED BC"
    Before yan Penny, but now u can correct it in NSO and dont need a lawyer for that. And if about school credentials then she can request lawyer for joint affidavit and notarized stating that this person is one. Correction of name it will take 2-3 months.

Kimmi, I think we were just caught out, I found the checklist on the application site very useful for making sure you have everything. I wish you all the best with your visa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    Before yan Penny, but now u can correct it in NSO and dont need a lawyer for that. And if about school credentials then she can request lawyer for joint affidavit and notarized stating that this person is one. Correction of name it will take 2-3 months.
    That's great Charwill! 2-3 months is not bad to wait

Kimmi, I think we were just caught out, I found the checklist on the application site very useful for making sure you have everything. I wish you all the best with your visa
    Thanks Purple, I will pray that ur fiancee will soon have her visa..Goodluck..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information