Thread: Morden Barrio Fiesta June 8th and 9th

Morden Barrio Fiesta June 8th and 9th

Morden Barrio Fiesta is coming up on the 8th and 9th of June.
    For anyone using public transport it's a 15 minute walk from Morden Station but they usually arrange a bus between the station and the venue.
    For anybody taking the car you can park at the venue and pay their usually inflated car parking prices or use one of the many public car parks which should work out cheaper and walk to the venue.

http://www.fil-event.com/events_/Bay...Kalayaan.shtml

if you are going and don't fancy paying their carparking prices, I'd suggest this free option.... just a 4-5 min walk across the playing fields.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...ay=167936&lm=0

Link updated/amended
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Banned
    Cheers Marco - that one crept under the radar, I've searched for it a few times over the last couple of months and drawn a blank. Obviously the organisers aren't as commercially savvy as the graspers who shifted the Hounslow one to the Walton on Thames cash machine

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Cheers Marco - that one crept under the radar, I've searched for it a few times over the last couple of months and drawn a blank. Obviously the organisers aren't as commercially savvy as the graspers who shifted the Hounslow one to the Walton on Thames cash machine
    I've been looking regularly as well Ded and found nothing. A friend sent us that link yesterday. I was up that way yesterday and there's not even a poster up advertising it.
    The Walton one has been advertised for ages trying to get everyone down in their cars at probably £10 a time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I've been looking regularly as well Ded and found nothing. A friend sent us that link yesterday. I was up that way yesterday and there's not even a poster up advertising it.
    The Walton one has been advertised for ages trying to get everyone down in their cars at probably £10 a time.
    They're encouraging folk to drive, so much for going green. We might walk it from Hersham

Banned
    Did anyone go to the Morden Fiesta ?

I went on the Saturday Ded. It was ok but didn't feel the entertainment was as good as years gone by. Weather was great and enjoyed some good food. Usual array of stalls trying to flog you condos, phonecards, and remittance services. Also had a decent sized funfair and I was particularly attracted to the Womens Volleyball match purely out of sporting interest
    I arrived at 1:30 and managed to park in the public car park which was free after this time and I noticed they were only charging cars £5 to park on site, but not sure if this continued after the car park was full. Friends of ours arrived on the free bus that was running from Morden Station.
    Enjoyed the day as we met up with friends and the only problem for me is that I got a wee bit burnt in the sun.

Thread Information