Thread: I'm sorry for my offending words

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Thank you all you have been very kind and generous towards me.
    I realise more now than ever before, what a wonderful bunch you all are.

Your apology is a very nice gesture Louis and I hope all the members can accept it and move on.
    I understand that a culture shock is just that... a shock, but you have to realise that this is our partner's country. You either love it or accept it. You are not going to make your wife bloom just because she is moving to the UK with you, she will bloom because you love her, respect her and embrace the differences between you because this is why you love her so much.... the differences.

The Philippines has a diverse culture, you have only seen a snapshot and can never make the judgements you did. Maybe in time you can learn to understand that not all of us are made of the stuff that allows us to want to live there ourselves. For me and lots of others, we have made our homes in the Philippines or are planning to make our lives there with our loved ones. Your sweeping statements were not acceptable, but it is good you have had a long think about it and made your post.

thanks
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Hi Louis,

I must say, that took courage to post an apology like that, I'll take my hat off to you.

You haven't just apologised, you've explained why you've apologised so I'm not going to lecture you on what you said.

You were giving your views just like the world renowned author was. .Please read Terpe's thread about what the author said about his visit to Manila. .again giving there prospective.

Easy for someone lording it up in Philippines finest establishment and come to the conclusion its a wonderful place after all.

We get few foreign folks rubbish the UK, I don't get all emotional about.

I remember Steve once said on here 'if you ain't got nothing nice to say, best not say it'....excellent advice, Best we all keep that in mind Me included! !

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

You were giving your views just like the world renowned author was. .Please read Terpe's thread about what the author said about his visit to Manila. .again giving there prospective.
    Just read Terpe's thread and the author has never visited the Philippines. It is a fictional female doctor who is the character.

Nothing wrong with the book Only problem is that it states traffic jams are 6hrs long. Not true they are only 5hrs long

Thread Information