Thread: Leaving the UK for a holiday, when here from Philippines on a tourist visa?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Leaving the UK for a holiday, when here from Philippines on a tourist visa?

My girlfriend from Philippines is planning on visiting me later this year on a 6 month tourist visa.

I was wondering if we could take a holiday in that time, either through a tourist agency or independently.
    Does the 6 month UK tourist visa allow multiple entries to the UK?

I liked the idea of a cruise, which would be booked through an agency and I travel often to Morocco where I believe a visa isn't required for Filipinos.

I would appreciate any advice from others who have done this, or looked into it.

Thank you.

Normally the visitor visa allows the holder to enter and leave the UK as many times as they'd like during the validity of the visitor visa.
    The ECO would need a compelling reason to limit a visit visa to single entry and additionally would need to seek approval for such limitation from the ECM.
    If you take a look at the application form you'll see that visit visas can be applied for on the validity basis of, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or 10 years. Regardless of duration of validity though, the holder cannot stay in the UK longer than 6 months per visit.

There are a number of destinations where holders of Philippine passports are not required to hold an entry visa.
    Here is a useful resource showing the Visa requirements for Filipino citizens worldwide on a single page.

Here's another very good resource for visa information. and it can be used for citizens of all countries.

Just input to the drop-down menu's

Don't forget that if you're planning to visit the EU you'll first need to secure a schenghen visa. This will need to be applied for from within the Philippines as it will not be issued from within UK to anyone with less than a 6 months visa.

Hope that helps

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Excellent, thank you Terpe.
    I'll take a browse through the links.

If I find anything out in regard to the cruises then I'll post back here.
    I was planning on an eastern Caribbean cruise out of Puerto Rico, I think as long as travel is in transit, it's fine.

Thread Information