Thread: Fiance visa refused

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVENJAG View Post
    Can any one explain or highlight the steps of appeal as my fiance has all the forms in cebu, were walking blind here?does she post here and we submit in uk, or online or what?
    Firstly let me say how sorry I am that your fiancee's visa was refused.

It's impossible for anyone to give you meaningful advice about the refusal itself without knowing the exact wording of the refusal.
    If you're able to post it here that might help. Of course blank out any names and personal data.
    In general these refusal letters are based on existing templates and pre-approved wording.

Time is of the essence here and you and your fiancee need to focus very quickly on getting the appeals process under way and the appeal lodged etc.
    ALL the forms and detailed instructions should have been sent with the refusal letter to your fiancee. You MUST get the appeals completed and sent to be received within 28 days
    (no deviation)

For an otherview please review this sticky thread called - Appeals - Visas and Entry Clearance

That should provide sufficient information at this stage.

As you'll read, part of the appeals process does include a request for the ECM to undertake a review of the decision with view to overturn the decision if appropriate.

However, as others have said and based on the information you divulged so far, I would strong suggest that your fiancee writes a letter to the ECM at the Manila Embassy asking for his kind reconsideration and clearly indicated that the decision should be overturned based on your evidence.
    This will not impact your formal appeal.
    Do be informed though that the ECM is under no legal obligation to read or action the letter, but always worth the effort as the appeals process can easily take 6 months to resolve.

You should seriously consider whether you did comply fully with the financial requirement.
    Also you should seriously consider using an experienced and qualified immigration advisor to assist/represent you at the appeal hearing. Some folks have represented themselves and this can be OK if the UKBA decision was very clearly wrong and all the evidence is clear and you feel confident to get the point over.

Hope this helps at this stage, but please do get that appeal in process and within time.

Hi, weve sent a letter too the eco, i think we did omit one statement they needed but i have had full set of 7 months statements re sent by my bank for the appeal (clearly showing the finances are as said and well above the threshold required), the main mistake was and is his for thinking certain bank transfers were wage payments with no supporting wage slips....yet if hed of looked or read letter from my employer i get paid by bacs every wednesday and have done for 8 years, every statement apart from one we didnt send shows this and we can include the full set at appeal, which we will do by post as we we feel its a paper mistake so with all correct evidence and covering letter explaining then its pretty open shut case?

Thread Information