Hello all.

I am an American citizen. While spending some time in England last year 2012, I met my current girlfriend. She is of Filipino descent and a citizen of the Philippines. In 1998 she moved to England for work and received all of the proper documentation to work in England. Then she got married to an English citizen and later divorced approximately 2 years later.

Since that time she has remained in England. She has been a contributing member in society, working, teaching, paying taxes, etc. Three years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She sought treatment through NHS and thankfully recovered. She is still receiving medicine as of the time of this writing.

Now here is the issue. We want to get married. We want to live here in America. However, we are concerned about a few things.

#1 Her passport is expired. How could she go about receiving a new passport? Will this be a problem because she is an overstayer in England?
#2 She will need a visa. What visa type would she need and how could she go about receiving one? Again will this be a problem because she is an overstayer in England?
#3 Is there anyway she could legally become a citizen of England? If so how?

Any advice thoughts, advice, or suggestions are welcome. I truly appreciate it. To any others experiencing troubles I wish you the best. Thank you so much for your time.